NEED HELP !!! 7000 yrs. ??

by thinker 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Well, I think you've got it, thinker.

Actually, it is too complicated and convoluted. I think that is why since the mid 1980's, a creative day is merely explained as being several thousands years in length. Much simpler...of course, there was no formal explanation of why 7,000 years was dropped. The 7,000 years was strongly tied to the end of 6,000 years in 1975.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

1 Peter 1:10-12
    10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

I read God was into adoption...cool huh?

pom

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Blondie,
    Thanks for all the invaluable responses. In case you haven't figured it out yet, Thinker is a non-witness. I was raised a witness and was in it for almost forty years.
    Usually I have no problem explaining things he asks, but when it came to this 7000 years thing, I was stumped!
    I used the words "complicated and convoluted" LOL. "Great minds think alike".
    TW

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks. I had just researched that information for myself.

• ALF
    ALF

I like your work thinker!
    I'm curious about how long it's been since Adam was created?
    some seem to think 4,oooBC is significant.
    I,ve always been under the impression that the civilization of china has been around for 6,000 years. Now I'm not from that culture, but belive they got a head start on the rest of us, if we all come from Adam.
    ALF

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Bringing it back to the top so Thinker will see it Alf!
    TW

• God_knows
    God_knows

One day in heaven is as 1000 years on earth. Not 7000. Peace and blessings to you all in the name of the Father, son and Holy Ghost. TONS of love to you!

• OBVES
    OBVES

I myself used 2 Peter 3 to get this idea of 7000 years .

Harold Camping from http://www.familyradio.com got something interesting .

Years ago he counted based on the Bible the Flood of Noah took place in 4990 BC .

I knew that we have some 2000 years since Christ but not realized that there are some 5000 years to Christ from the time of the Flood Harold Camping came to.

4990 BC + 5000 years as 5 days with each day as 1000 years = 11 AD + 2000 years = 2011 AD !

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

• sabastious
    sabastious

Obves, your shameless plugging is getting a tad old.

-Sab

• OBVES
    OBVES

Those who use this idea can come up with some interesting predictions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit