Loaded words

by Odrade 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was reading an op/ed piece on the internet today at work, dealing with the middle east situation.

The writer used the phrase "peace and security". Watchtower Inc. programmed me pretty good to fear that phrase, I get pretty tense when I read it or hear it from the news media.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Loyal submission -- that is a loaded phrase

• Badger
    Badger

Don't forget "Questionable" and "Conscience Matter"...

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

"These ones" always annoyed me. Who else says that?

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Odrade..

Good topic..

I think these words remain in us .. until we become aware that they are those "loaded J.W. words"..

once we identify that we were lead into their cult and figure out all this loaded language then I don't think it has the influence it once had. I guess then .. awareness is the key.

I, however, like some others have said always tend to do what my husband calls a "brain fart" whenever I hear someone who uses one of the jw phrases and words.. Kind of a little stop and then it's like

EEEWWWWW!.. that was a J.W. saying.. Yuck!! that is a turn off for sure.

sincerely

special K

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW
    the phrase "peace and security".

If there's loaded language that still sometimes bothers me it's this phrase. Not as fearful of it as I used to be but it still conjures up those WT images...hehe, just couldn't resist saying that about the WT on halloween.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi ODRADE! How about these loaded words used continuously in past wt.study articles called 'Euphemisms' used by the wt.when referring to failed prophecies.

Errors, Mistakes, Misinterpretations, Misunderstandings, Premature Expectations, Mistakes in our Understanding, Matters on which Corrections of VIewpoints have been needed, Unrealized Hopes, Misplaced Expectations, Inaccurate Concepts, Views in need of Refinement, Serious Disappointments, Formerly Cherished Views.

These loaded words are scattered throughout wt.study articles whenever they refer to failed prophecies,in this way they are never "False Prophecies"from the wt's.own mouths.

And notice that these words put the blame on the rank and file,not on the so-called faithful slave.

Blueblades

• Panda
    Panda

misplaced expectations!!!!!! The expectations have always been placed on the WTS literature. But they never admit to misplaced odd ball theories to destroy people. Formerly cherished views --- don't you want to puke on this stuff. Yeah they are saying that the R/F got it all wrong ... too bad, now listen to our latest crank idea.

I still get the skipped beat from certain towerisms. But the I realised that the jw writers have actually plagerized "worldly" sources. Peace and Security, New World Order and probably others were grabbed from early 20th century speeches and headlines. The were statements by statesmen and judges, not the annointed GB. So now I'm thinking that is we were better educated to our history then these statements would not conjure WTS thoughts.

This is a great thread, thanks from Panda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit