12 Tribes of Israel. 12 Apostles. 12 GB Members?

by campaign of hate 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

This week we have mention of the 12 tribes of Israel in the Bible study. We have the same thing mentioned in the WT this week. 12 apostles are also mentioned (need to double check that one). Perhaps a few more examples and explanations will come up before the AGM in order for them to reference back.

I would put money on them going for the whole 12 GB idea this year, i'm actually pretty surprised they haven't already gone down this route.

Thoughts?

• Maat13
    Maat13
    I'd love to see 12 GB members...it would tie in perfectly with biblical stories. (Pun intended). (Sarcasm extremely high).
  • Maat13
    Maat13
    But as such the number is 7 correct.... This number is just as significant as 12.... LOL...
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I'm not sure we'll see 12. There are some power hungry guys as GB right now, the recent changes only support that thinking more. If they add 12 more they run the chance of losing some of that power and being surpassed.

I see it on a local level with the Elders all the time. You have a few power hungry men and they refuse to make any new appointments as Elders.

It would be funny to read that article though about the number 12. Idolizing numbers, that's for sure.  

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

At our international conv., the visiting gb member asked for prayers for the gb. He said there's just a few of us.... with a wimper and a shrug of the shoulders. I was like, "please dude, you expect us to feel sorry for you?"  

It's their system - they can appoint whoever they want, and we are supposed to feel sorry for them. He says this with his face on the jumbo-tron..... unreal.

-TE

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    But there will never be a little Sister Dinah on the GB, that's for sure. 
  • blondie
    blondie
    The GB came about as we know it now in 1971, 17 members to start.  Before that the 7 members/directors of the WTS Board of Directors served as the GB.  There has never been a set number of 12 in the WTS to equal the 12 apostles.  The Mormons though have 12 on their board called Apostles.  Never more, never less.
  • prologos
    prologos

The story goes that after coming out of Egypt, each firstborn of the 12 tribes (actually 13 with Joseph's split), would head the nation, spiritually, then that position was monopolized by Aaron's dynasty. The it got nasty and the kings were  added adding to the original 10% tax. 

The final government, it is 100 year old after all, will have 12 tribes, ( two names eradicated),

Thedepressedsoul put the finger on the freewheeling power struggle.

Why would the current leadership that IS the slave, after all, worry about what anybody wrote prior to them?  They are Number #1, so what do any other numbers mean?

12 tribes? if we only could ask the angels, they are busy right now sorting out into which tribe in particular the ever increasing partakers fit to seal them. Rev.7

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder
    Why would the current leadership that IS the slave, after all, worry about what anybody wrote prior to them?  They are Number #1, so what do any other numbers mean? - prologos

Isn't that the truth?! They even demoted the original 12 apostles with their latest FDS "new light" bologna.

Ain't Narcissism great? 

-TE

• prologos
    prologos
    The original exodus concept sounds interesting though, with 13 firstborn members, not 12, there would always be a simple majority decision, no need for the magic thunimm ,whatever.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit