For Aztec

by rocketman 29 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hey Aztec,

To help the Detroit Lions improve, we've decided to merge them with the Detroit Red Wings. Their new helmet design will be:

We think it's the only way to get the Lions on track. It'll bleed a few wins from the Red Wings and weaken them slightly, but we figure they have room to spare. The Lions, on the other hand, seem to need all the help they can get.

If there's strength left over, we may also be able to combine the Wings and the Tigers.

Sincerely yours,

Gary Bettman and Paul Tagliabue

• Badger
    Badger

Slap a Blue Note on a helmet, and you'd be talking.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

*sigh* if that's all it would take Rocketman - i'd pay dearly for that. Shoot, I'd tattoo their emblem on my butt if it would do any good.

I'm giving the Lions this year for MM to get his team and game plan going for next year - that's only fair considering how late in the game he got started. If they don't do alot better next year, I'm gonna chalk it up to the fact that the Lions are in fact cursed. Face it, up until last weekend, they were in every game! Every game could've gone either way, and each was exciting to watch.

• Badger
    Badger

Mike McMahon? They'd be better off with VINCE McMahon under center.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I know all about others years when my team was less than anything to be excited about. (meaning I am sympathetic)

I have been really enjoying the season though...sorry... (HUGE MN Vikings fan leaves the room)

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

For the first time in years, I'm proud to be a Cowboys fan. Bug

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Sorry - meant SM (Mariucci)

lol @ Badger - you have a point!

• JeffT
    JeffT

My sympathy. Being a Seahawks fan has not been fun for a very long time. But there may be hope for you. As of today they are 5-1, the best start in franchise history. (Now watch them loose big time).

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

*slaps Jeff for jinxing his team & places gag over his mouth!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Speaking of Jinxes, how about the University of Oregon - their college football team was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and then lost 3 straight.

Serves them right for wearing the most ghastly uniforms in football history.

Petty, I'm giving Mooch more time too. It's going to take time to build that team, and they have nobody on defense that scares anybody, and a young QB who really needs some time to just sit and watch (too bad they don't have a good veteran QB taht he can just sit behind for a year or so).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit