Do you do any volunteer/community service work?

by Doubtfully Yours 15 Replies latest social relationships

• fairy
    fairy

i am a volunteer at the local tourist centre

• Panda
    Panda

Yes Yes Yes... I have one Junior Girl Scout troop and we do community service projects. For example this weekend we'll be out in front of Walmart collecting stuff for Project undercover. It's for kids in our county and we collect new underwear, socks etc., I also do free math tutoring at the local library. And reading for headstart kids.

It is amazing how wonderful I feel about giving. Do you remember when the WTS told us giving freely in FS was the answer to our woes? They got the giving part right but giving so it matters.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I pay taxes!

• franklin J
    franklin J

I am actively involved in the Civic group of my community, tryng to improve our quality of life locally

My wife is an active PTA delegate for our school district

frank

• freddi
    freddi

once a month i go to the nursing homes to try and make the elderly smile. once a month i go to women's shelters to bring them food and clothes. once a month i go to men's shelters to do the same thing. i also make it a point to send out birthday cards to the members who also help me in this endeaver of serving. isn't this what Jesus wanted us to do. help those who are less fortunate. you know, i never used to do this when i used to be a member of the j.w.'s. i serve mankind more now than i ever did before. serving is better than just standing on a street corner holding up a watchtower or awake magazine and at the same time clocking your time. serving is way better than leaving some old watchtower magazines in a laundramat or in a hotel lobby.

peace

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I currently clean toilets for Jehovah and am waiting for Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit