What are your commitments in life?

by oldcrowwoman 11 Replies latest social relationships

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Commitment

"Commitment has kind eyes. She wears study shoes. Everything is very vivid when she is around. It is wonderful to sit and have lunch in her gardens around harvest time. You can taste in the vegetables that the soil has been cared for.

Because Commitment is so serious, she loves clowns and balloons and fools and limericks. She has four daughters, grown now, but when they were little they always took her to the circus.

There is something special about the way Commitment gazes at the new moon. I wish I knew how to explain it. She is such a simple woman, and yet she is mysterious. She is more generous than most people. Her heart is open. She is not afraid of life. She is married to Joy."

"The Book of Qualities" by J. Ruth Gendler

Old Crow

• Badger
    Badger

Eastern State Hospital. North Texas Asylum, Dr. Wellgood's home for the Mad Geniuses (facility's motto: "Fools! I'll destroy them all!")

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Hey Badger, you lost me?? I missed the punch line???

I had attempted to add more to the post in the middle of it my Internet booted me off. So I lost what had been said.

This time of the year is about re- committing to my life. Reflecting what my commitments are. Some of the commitments are tested by the ghosts of my past. Some of letting go to those who no longer work for me. And those which are working for me now.

Its anniversary time for me. My sobriety gets tested at each and every sobreity anniversay . It close to leaving jw's. Ending a marriage. Custody of children and coming home to myself with my sexuality.

I do have a long list of commitments. 20 yrs ago I could'nt say one. I feel its important to acknowledge commitments. Gives a perspective on life. And a gauage in life.

This will be continued. I am afraid my internet is going to boot me off. I don't want to lose what I have shared.

Old Crow

• acsot
    acsot

OCW: Thank you. I never thought of recovery (from anything, cults, alcohol, drugs or whatever) as a commitment to be honored with an anniversary date. That's a beautiful thought.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Commitments:

ADL's (attention to daily living)

Maintain Sobriety

Emotional and Spiritual growth

To move on from abuses

To My children

Being an artist

To my job

Taking care of business

My sobriety program

To be at home with self

To my home

To my Friends

My co-workers

17 yr old cat

House Plants (many old plants one is 31 yr old. They have stories to tell.)

For a year on JWD. Which will be in January

SilentLambs

Watching sunrises and sunsets

Old Crow

• little witch
    little witch

Congratulations ((((crow)))!!!!

PS. A 17 year old cat??!!! Wow!

• Emma
    Emma

Thank you for starting this thread. I honor your commitment and growth. I will stop and think on my own commitments.

Emma

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Commitments:

Self-care

Healing

Asking for what I need

Nuture my humor

Valuing the moment

GrandChildren

Being vulnerable

Enjoying recovery

Honesty

Rejecting shame

Peace

Moving on

Self-care nuturing

Nuturing others

Learning to trust again

Gratitude

Being direct

Old Crow

• Badger
    Badger

I was talking about committed to a mental hospital...

I can get serious in a minute....

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Ok Badger your minute is up !!!!

Waiting ?

Old Crow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit