Dateline Report/JW Stonewalling/You

by Francois2 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois2
    Francois2

Elsewhere in the Active Topics list (See "Society on Documenting Personal Views ") a letter from the WTB&TS to congregations has been reproduced. It is obvious this letter has been either written or vetted by a lawyer, or more likely by a committee of lawyers. It fairly reeks of legalese masquerading as a concern for accuracy. It is also clear that the WTB&TS wishes to avoid having the average publisher speak with anyone doing "surveys."

As noted by the many good folks responding to the reproduction of the subject letter, it seems that its timing and direction constitute a pre-emptive attempt at damage control and prevention in contemplation of the upcoming Dateline (?) program which purportedly will focus on the entire JW/Pedophile issue. Perhaps there is very good reason for the Society to fear this exposure.

As a former reporter and newswriter, I can assure you friends that nothing will so immediately cause a newsman or woman to react like a shark to blood in the water as the impression that the subject of an investigative report is attempting to stonewall. Refering a reporter to previously published materials in answer to a question about current matters constitutes just such blood in the water.

This letter from the WTB&TS is a virtual invitation to NBC news to dig deeper, and I hope the person who has the original will forward it to the Vice-President of the News Division at NBC, along with an explanation of how it was obtained and something of an analysis of why the letter was written, and more especially, why NOW?

Finally, let me please suggest that any of you who are interested get directly in touch with NBC News and volunteer whatever information you have in support of the contemplated story.

You can send mail to Dateline at:

[email protected]

You may want to volunteer what knowledge you have regarding child sex abuse and its coverup for NBC News.

I hope this post is helpful. This is a perfect opportunity to help the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses to actually deal with the TRUTH. Good Luck!

Francois

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Now which is it? ABC or NBC?

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Well, now I have 2 questions..

When is the story supposed to air, and which network will it be on?

• larc
    larc

Francois,

On another thread I compared scientists to journalists. I did not mean to put down good, investigative journalism. They offer a great resource to society in improving society, in my opinion. I had in mind the more warm, fuzzy pieces that show up in the religious section of the local paper at convention time. The one I saw on a thread about the Chicago convention was an example of the fluff I was referring to.

• Francois2
    Francois2

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Ok, here's the poop. It's NBC. Dateline. Here's the email address:

[email protected]

Go get 'em!

I just received the following from NBC after I posted them about the Borg:

Thank you for your E-Mail to Dateline NBC. We are very
    pleased with the enormous response we are getting. Although we cannot write a personal note to each of you, we do print out our messages, look at them and discuss your comments and reaction, and we do sometimes quote your E-Mail on the air in our 'feedback' segment. If your correspondence is in reference to a specific segment, that letter will be forwarded to the segment producer for review.

If you have a specific story suggestion please send
    it to:

STORY SUGGESTIONS
    Dateline NBC
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10112

However, we don't have a story suggestion so much as we can act as SOURCE for a story they are already onto.

Best,
    Francois

• AlanF
    AlanF

Shilmer's posting will soon reach the appropriate people at Dateline.

AlanF

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I wonder if we can "bomb" them with emails?

Francoise2, if you don't mind I'm going to post that as a main topic.

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• Francois
    Francois

AlanF - Go for it man.

S'n'SM - Mind? Me? I appreciate your diplomacy. Have at it. You the towel, um, one.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

if you have information pertaining to the child molestation issue and the dateline story please send it to [email protected] i am in contact with the sources who are working on the story and and get information to the right source quickly. if you just email dateline it may get lost or take a long time to get to the right person. i have worked with this for several weeks and the story still continues to develope. when will it air? no one knows, all i can say is soon and when i get the exact date everyone will be informed. any evidence or additional information will be considered and could become part of the story.

• Francois
    Francois

Note to All:

Suggest anyone having information for NBC Dateline story send it DIRECTLY to NBC News at the address provided above, and to SilentLambs as well.

Cover the waterfront.

Francoise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit