Greg Stafford

by Gordy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

Many here will know that Greg Stafford is an independent JW apologist. He has defended Watchtower doctrine, written a number of books and publicly debated Rob Bowman (also soon to publicly debate James White). This has confused a lot of people as JWs are discouraged from public debate. Also, one of his recent books has been very controversial (Three Dissertations) as it questions some JW teachings (blood, legalism, hours done on ministry, prophecy, etc). Many have speculated why he hasn't been disfellowshipped. With that said, I read this on another board I am on at the moment:

A couple of days ago I finally received the Stafford vs. Bowman debate on DVD (had ordered it well over a month ago!).

The debate topic was "Is Jesus God?", and the debate was held 5-2-03. I ordered the DVD version due to the fact that it also included a 30 minute interview with Greg after the debate....The post-debate interview was interesting. It seems that Greg has unofficially left the WTB&TS and he indicated that a meeting with his local elders was scheduled. Since this was 5 months ago, I was wondering if anyone knows Greg's current status?

Greg's site: www.elihubooks.com!-/Text-!>

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's a shame that wrongheaded, repressive WT policy marginalizes thinking JWs like Greg; they're exactly the type of people they can ill- afford to lose.

• Phantom Stranger
  • Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

bttt...I'd like to hear the answer to this.

• yesidid
    yesidid

btt

• Room 215
    Room 215

bttt again

• logansrun
    logansrun

bttt...For God's sake, someone help us!

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

bttt I will second that Logan

• AlanF
    AlanF

I've heard some words to the effect that elders have, um, visited with Greg, and nothing further has happened. So he's still technically a JW.

AlanF

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

thx, Alan for the update

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit