Do elders have Bible Studies?

by slipnslidemaster 16 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

In my experience, I have never seen an elder in the congregations that I was associated with bring (or have for that matter) a bible study to the Kingdom Hall.

Now I think that I already know the reason for that, but it seems that the majority of the Bible studies are done by the poor sister pioneers.

Is this the case in the Hall you went to?

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• Mulan
    Mulan

My husband was an elder for 25 years, and always had Bible Studies. I can't tell you how many he studied with, that are now of the R&F. Many are elders too. So, yes, he had people coming to the KH every week. Our family was very active in the "service", and can admit now that we hated it, but we thought we were doing the right thing. I also had many studies, as I was a regular pioneer for years. Sometimes we had studies with couples one evening a week, and because we also had 4 children, our time was pretty full, with all the other things you do as an active JW. I can't imagine how we fit it all in, and still had enough time for our kids. We did though. And, we were younger then, too.

• patio34
    patio34

Mulan,

That was an interesting overview of your life as a JW. Have you posted anything else as to why you left? Or did you leave?

Pat

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have posted many times about why we left. My cousin, Sharon's story is on exjws.net, and I wrote it for her. It includes our story too. .. http://www.exjws.net/shunning/sharonkennedy.htm

• patio34
    patio34

Mulan,
    I just read the story and it was very good. What we have to go through to extricate ourselves, huh? Thanks for sharing that!

Pat

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Dad studied with several and borught a quite a few in. The last few years it was more like inactive ones or unbeiliving husbands, but I don't know of the other elders haveing studies at all!!! Never thought about it too much! Good point though! A lot of them like Dad were so busy with all the 'problems' in the Hall and their other 'vounteer' assignments they didn't have time for they're own families much less studies!

Ven

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh Baby!!!!

Love the new pic Venice!!!

• logical
    logical

My ex-study guide was an elder

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Thanks Slip, wish I could say that same about yours, but well it kinda creeps me out!!!

Ven

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Why's it creep you out??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit