What did y'all think about the Magician starving himself for 40+ days?!!

by Doubtfully Yours 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• little witch
    little witch

If there was a point to his stunt, I haven't heard about it...

Lame. Stupid. Pointless.

Seems to be a a pattern lately. Act stupid, do something bizarre, and fame will be yours......

I think I will go eat twelve horse rectums.....that should do it.....

• simplesally
    simplesally

I really don't get it. The morning national news (GMA and Today) were saying that he was going to get book deals and tv/movie deals on this stunt. How? I am sure I don't want to watch how bored he was or how he figured out how to get privacy to go potty hanging over the Thames. I don't think that this was the act of an illusionist but more of idiocy.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Heres what he said, "But Blaine says he doesn't expect to get bored. Instead he'll "start to focus on the smallest things, like breathing." One technique he'll use to keep himself occupied is to imagine he's building a house, piece by piece. ...... In fact, the illusionist believes he'll experience a higher spiritual state and that living without food and human contact will lead to "the purest state you can be in"......... However, he has also said that he expects to start losing his mind during the final stages of his attempt, "days 30 to 44 will be a nightmare."

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

He is crazy and its high time he gives it up

• uriah
    uriah

I think it was absolutely marvellous. What a brave man he was, I am so impressed, yah! I mean, being so high up and in a clear plastic box, I mean, wow! Really, so cool and imaginative and what self control when that model helicopter dangled a big mac or whatever above him, such restraint - king tantalus eat your heart out.

And then the appreciatve crowd, britains at their finest (beams with kingdom pride here), cheering him on with eggs and other helpful objects to keep his spirits up, yup.

I was almost inspired to travel to london to show my solidarity with him and to lend moral support, in fact I am going to sell my house, wife and kids and all my possesions and donate the money to his cause. All you posters who are doing him down, shame on you, this kind and courageous man deserves your support not your brickbats, your money not your heckles.

Still, I shall pray for you all and mention him in my prayers at the end of the meetings.

Don't be surprised if there is not a 'How I endured to the end' feature in the WT pretty soon and 'Clear plastic Boxes - are they for Christians?' in the Awake!.

Watch this space........dur-duh duuurrrrrrr

• Panda
    Panda

What an imbecile

• nilfun
    nilfun
    WhyDavid Blaine says that the idea for this latest feat was sparked when he received a gift of a butterfly, framed in clear plastic. "I thought it would be amazing to see a human being framed in a glass case", he said.

But Blaine is also motivated by the possibility of pushing our perceived boundaries, saying:

"We are all capable of infinitely more than we believe. We are stronger and more resourceful than we know, and we can endure much more than we think we can. In truth, the only restrictions on our capacity to astonish ourselves and each other are imposed by our own minds."

In the week before he entered the pod, the illusionist stated that "it'll be triumphant for a human being to survive this".

Blaine feels the risks are worth taking: "I think it is worth it for my art even if I drop dead."

Who, other than himslf, is he hurting anyway?

He's just following his heart. He is exploring what his limits are. I don't think that's so crazy.

• SiouxWoman
    SiouxWoman

I just cant see how he can make money this way. I guess everyone waits to see if he will die. Where was the water tube? It wasent in his mouth. I dont beleive he is demonized, hes just wierd By the way I love you all, you have helped me more then you know

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

if it's stupidity, at least it is a benign stupidity. people have been starving themselves for attention and even money for ages (hell, the only industry in the world in which women are consistently paid higher salaries than men is the modeling industry, and they are NOT all naturally that thin). i guess i just don't have an opinion about it one way or another; i can't condemn him or condone him really, it is such a non-event in my mind.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Lunacy is alive and well in our land ... ?

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit