Building Work

by truthlover 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truthlover
    truthlover

Has there been anything in writing sent out to the elders, co's re the stopping of the "ww building work yet?. No one has mentioned anything at cong level but it has been mentioned about the bethelites being sent tot the field as of January - Canadian bethel is being reduced by 40% and the ones remaining have been told they will have to do work themselves, i.e. food and cleaning....

Anyone else hear this?

• sir82
    sir82
    Nothing sent to US elders. Don't know about anywhere else.
  • antes8080
    antes8080

The building work that is being stop is major construction. Assembly halls or Remote translation offices. KH are still going to be built. I talk to branch comitee member that's not in the U.S branch. He told me they have a template letter that the U.S branch sent them. It's a 25 percent reduction around the world. Much smaller then at first talked about.

He is in the Mexico branch the first number they told them were reduction of 700-800. Newest number is from 300-400. Their is slight change of the number going home.

• label licker
    label licker

Truthlover, I know for sure a young guy that just got into bethel full time beginning October 1st this year and his job is washing dishes.

There were thirty older couples let go and were told if anyone asks why they have left they were to say they felt it was a good decision on the part of the GB and that they deserve their backing. The ones we knew were almost seventy-five years of age.

The guy is truly a bum who never wanted to work but to look for a girl who had an education that would support him. When that failed, he thought he would try bethel. Very lame brain.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Im sure thw reductions will continue just the wont be so vocal about it. They told the rank and file about the bethel lay off saying they would be better used as pioneer's. I dont believe they said anything about biulding stoppage or the special pionees lay offs. They dont want the people knowing these details.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Crazyguy

Yes you are correct. The WT doesn't want the Rank and file to know any of the bad stuff, only good. Otherwise, they would have told everyone about the Australian Royal Commission. Why not let everyone know the truth? What do they have to hide? Hmmm!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    truthlover: Has there been anything in writing sent out to the elders, co's re the stopping of the "ww building work yet?

The construction stoppage and problems will be explained in tradtional WT style. It will be covered in the new and improved "workbook" - the 2016 CLAM workbook, download at this link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5473778616238080/2016-oclam-meeting-workbook

Almost the emtire workbook is about construction and page 5 gives an easy, simple Bible explanation for the construction stopping (*hint...royal decree...).

I doubt there will be an "official" announcement concerning construction issues. The workbook will explain it all. In terms even a child can understand. Easy peasy. Just find something in the Bibble. And add some pictures.

I think the WTS is even setting up for another "excuse"...check out page 4 and see why the building of the temple was stopped - *hint - bad guy. And then why the "temple" building was resumed. Ah..."repentance" allowed the temple to continue. I wonder who, in the WTS' higher echelons, did something wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit