Series Of Tragedies Continues Among Jehovah's Witnesses In Washington State

by qua 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Nathan. Yes, he is a baptized dub. He was dunked in prison. I remember him telling me they were going to have to dunk him in a barrel cause that was all that they had. But I did talk with my mother tonight to get an update.

He is currently attending her congregation. He started immediately after he got here. She hasn't talked to him, but she said everybody is cautious. They all know who he is...but of course, when your name and picture is plastered all over the news, how can you NOT know. She told me he answers and they call him "brother Thompson". I'm sure they chalk it up to another terrible person who's turned over a new leaf since he joined the JW religion. But no matter what, he will carry his past for the remainder of his existence...JW or no JW. I'm sure the elders watch him pretty close. I think any religion would watch a convicted rapist closely. Even the JW's. But in the meantime, they will continue, I'm sure, to show him "brotherly love". I think he's a sick bastard who should've stayed locked up. My mother said her hall gets all the wackos. (and believe me, it does) If I hear anymore info, I'll be sure and post it. I'm sure the elders will promote him soon so he can be in on all the juicy committee meetings and counsel them on fornication and molestation issues. (I'm kidding here....but then again, nothing in the JW religion surprises me anymore)

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Wow, those articles are truly shocking. What a f*cked up cult.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Bunch of sick SOBs. Perhaps -- if the "people" rallied and administered JUSTICE as in the "olden days," the children might be safer as the message sent would be if you commit this crime, you WILL pay the price on a permeant scale.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That Curtis Thompson, so nicely attending meetings in 2003 then went out and raped and killed a few women in 2004.

Being a JW is not a cure for any ills. He was originally released in part to the support of the JW community who vouched for his change. Nice, huh? An article about the trial to premanently keephimoff the streets at a sex offender prison in WA state explained that they did not commit him to the place after "church members begged the jury to give him a chance to prove he had turned his life around."

• flipper
    flipper

My wife just showed me this thread from some years ago and we noticed it had been bumped up. These child abuse stories are horrific and an indication of how deeply the WT Society has dropped the ball in allowing these pedophiles free roaming from congregation to congregation. It's insane and disgusting

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would be easy to assume that when a person has been identified as a sex offender, that

they would move to another location being how the word would be spread around within where that person was attneding.

It would also be easy to assume when that individual began attending a different Hall, the elders wouldn't

make notice that this person had this particular problem in their history.

There in lines the problem.

They may be recognized as being DFed but to why they were DFed gets hushed up by the elders.

They may even be reinstated and still the congregation wouldn't know why they were originally DFed.

• whathappened
    whathappened

The public needs to be made aware that these criminals are knocking on their doors, Bibles in hand, posing as ministers of God.

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Very good points you make. None of the JW's are usually aware at all about why a pedophile gets DFed. Perhaps the ONLY ones who will know are the victim of child abuse and their immediate family members. The air of secrecy by the WT Society only helps promote more child abuse towards helpless children from predators within the congregation.

WHATHAPPENED- Indeed I agree with you- the public AND Jehovah's Witnesses themselves need to be made aware of these child abuse crimes happening within the organization. Word needs to get out

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

I live across the street from the Kent/Covington kingdom hall....

This is crazy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Again its important to stress that the WTS. perceives pedophilia in the same genre as other sex related sins such as adultery or fornication

and they address the situation with equality. They probably know the situation is more severe that those other sins but

they are also quite aware of the damage the congregation would take if they were to openly disclose the situation within their congregations.

Has the WTS. ever said that people accused and deemed to have committed this serious crime/sin, that the elders

are instructed to announce the problem to the rest of the members of their Halls? no not that I'm aware of

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit