Higher Educaton

by franklin J 32 Replies latest jw friends

• herk
    herk

Alf,

I believe this religious organization would be powerful today, had the society done the above.

That statement and your analysis that leads up to it are profound, in my opinion. It certainly is a tragedy of monumental proportions that the Society veered in its course toward being hard line in so many areas of its teachings.

Phantom,

I'm almost 70, and thanks to giving my life in full-time service to the WT Society, I have only a small pension. It's folks like me who really feel the impact of the income limitations you mentioned. If and when I get the time and energy to investigate the online programs you mentioned, I'll be sure to do so. At the present time, I have to do manual labour to do something about my debts and monthly bills, and sometimes the drudgery is almost more than I can bear. But recently I got into building church websites as a weekend hobby, and I'm starting to feel new life due to the encouragement I'm getting to make a living at building sites for local businesses. I see this as a godsend. I just hope others in my circumstances are also seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Herk

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Glad to hear it, herk. Best wishes on building your business... do you have a website for your business?

Jeez - a 70-year-old who is building websites - I dunno about the rest of us, but that inspires me to keep on learning.

Regards,

PS

• herk
    herk

PS,

No, I haven't set up in business full-time, and I haven't got around to building a website for such a business. I can't afford a laptop at this point, so I take colour printouts of some of the sites I've built to show prospective clients what I can do for them. So far, it's worked for sure in one case and possibly (hopefully) in another.

Herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit