No internet after this weekend

by pamkw 10 Replies latest jw friends

• pamkw
    pamkw

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know after Monday, I will not have internet for awhile. Since I lost my short lived job, I just can't afford it. I can't afford anything right now. I can't even look for a job until I get my son back in school. Right now he is doing homebound studies with a teacher two hours a day. Then of course I have to be able to find a job that will let me leave when the school has trouble with him.

During the last few weeks, this board has been the place I have came to, to get a laugh or to think about something besides the mess I am in. I will miss it, but I will check in from time to time at my sister's.

My oldest son is now in Alaska working in a fish processing factory. We kept in touch by email when he runs out of calling card minutes. I will miss that too. Who knows if he makes enough money, we may all just move up there.

Well, I will be around some this weekend, then who knows when I will get back.

Miss this place already,

Pam

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Does someone know if there are still free dialup services? Like with Juno or NetZero?

• blondie
    blondie

Pam, check the library. Many have computers with internet access; it's free in my area.

Blondie

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, go to the library, Pam. The services are FREE!

Also, is it possible to get some kind of part-time job just like "under the table" doing clerical work or something a few hours a day to help you out?

Some possibilities... just suggesting. I know how aggravating money troubles are...

Brian.

• pamkw
    pamkw

I will probably go to the library too, as well as my sister's house. I wish I could find some little job, but right now Blake is at home, and I can't go look. It is so discouraging, because even if I get a job, once the school keeps calling because of problems with my son, who knows how long I can keep it. I am right now tackling the problem with the school district and my son's placement. Then after that is over, I am going to look for work. I can handle only one problem at a time. For those who are totally confused. My 11 year old son is bipolar and was in a special classroom for kids with behavior and emotional problems. The school had him arrested, and I lost my job. This isn't the first job I had trouble with because the school could not take care of my son. They have no idea how to handle a kid with Blake's problems. We go to court this afternoon over this last arrest. This school districts answer to every problem is have the kid arrested. I guess they want to scare him. I guess they don't understand you can't scare someone who may not remember what he did the next day. Because I was in training at this job, when I had to leave early I was fired. And now I am just lost as to what to do. I do have a bunch of professional advice (from a website for bipolar kids) so I am holding my own with the school district. Sometimes I wonder why I even try. Pam

• morty
    morty

((((((pam)))))

just hang in there.....sometimes the school systems are looking for a quick fix....they just dont have the patients or time anymore for children anymore...Is there a support group in your area? Just a suggestion.I know my close girlfriend goes through the same thing.So that she can keep her job,she has a chain of relitives and friends on a calling list at the school so if she is at work they can be the alternate person to call...There has been many times I have gone to get him from school...he is a handful as well. As far as court goes........good luck.....I think it is a shame that school has let you down in such a manner.You are a wonderful parent in supporting your son.........stay in touch with the board and let us know how you make out at court.

mortons68

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((PAM )))

I am right now tackling the problem with the school district and my son's placement.

I know your oldest son is very close to you and taking care of you and you both deserve to get assistance for your younger son ... Hope you'll get everything you need as soon as possible ... Your situation is TOTALY UNFAIR !!! ...

Lets keep having our sweet chats as often as possible on MSN
    Will see, maybe you will find some ways to stay in touch as often as possible

kisses by now
    and love
    ... Corinne

• nilfun
    nilfun

((Pamkw))

• little witch
    little witch

I am sorry that you are having a hard time right now pamkw. ((((hugs)))

I was looking on the web for free and cheap isp providers, and there are some out there.

You might look around and switch to one of them, so you dont lose your internet. Juno has a free add based service. 10 hours per month, but better than nothing.

I hope you find something, so you can stay online. I know of many providers that have service for around ten dollars per month. It would be dial up, but again, better than nothing.

Good luck to you and your son!!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((PAM)))

No news from you ... I'm waiting ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit