With no reporting necessary do they still need a territory guy?

by carla 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Please speak English.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Could someone translate the above post to English?

anyway regarding this post “Maybe that is why they appear to have changed the belief regarding salvation. If these changes mean fewer people hear the good news, they won't be doomed because they can repent at the last moment and be saved.”

this is absolutely massive. Before this new light it was the best ever way to wake someone up asking them do they really believe only baptised members and their children will survive Armageddon? Only 8 million survivors and around 8 Billion slaughtered?

I think the gov body saw that any PIMOs who really thought about this would seriously start doubting the doctrine. So they have had new light that perhaps Jehovah will be more lenient.

Yes less ministry needs to be done now if any good people will make it. Perhaps only the really really bad people will be slaughtered at Armageddon. In which case why bother preaching at all?

I also heard a brother quote Matt 24:14 and said Weill this has now been accomplished in all the nations for over 100 years. He thinks it’s encouraging to say we can sort of slacken off now just before the end. Soon one more push of the hailstorm judgement message and that’s the time all the good people will jump the right side of the fence.

yes the maps will not really be needed that much anymore as it was always a doubtful data protection problem. You were not allowed to write anything down but some brother cheated and took selfies outside numbers instead of writing them down and things like that.

my predictions are publishers were do hardly any ministry at all now and the poor pioneers will be on their own after publishers do tens mins or so. The pioneers numbers will start falling after this change. They will seriously rethink now it’s so unfair on them and they will be on their own after ten mins or so.

My wife and I still love going on the ministry groups for the social aspect. But we hate door to door. We may do ten mins then say we are going to do some ‘calls’ or ‘street work’ until the 11 o’clock coffee break.

It’s much easier being a JW these days with zoom for most of the meetings and just go a few times per month to in person at the KHall. Then go to all the gatherings and coffee meet ups. Do ten mins first call once every few months and tick the box that you participate in some form of witnessing.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Are territory maps a form of data collection?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

BluesBrother 4 hours ago

Please speak English.

Fyi...

Hourly reports were nothing more than old-fashioned indulgences.
    I may be imperfect and (God forbid) an employee, but I go to work 10 hours a month.
    If you take away this indulgence from the victims of the sect, donating comes into focus.

The call to preach is now even louder.

With the purpose, all the more, of creating a bad conscience.

The term “field service” and “field service literature” dates back to around 1914, when the Watchtower Society sent the brothers into the trenches for military service and German Jehovah's Witnesses shot English Jehovah's Witnesses.

The old reflexes can last for over 100 years.

The word “Proclaimer” becomes just another meaningless term in the Newspeak of the Watchtower language.

I assume that the publisher's service card will soon have to disappear from the meeting documents.

*** w88 11/15 p. 17 para. 9 Helping others to worship God ***
    The two elders will inform the student that if he qualifies and participates in the field service, he can submit a field service report and that a congregation publisher report card will be mailed in his name. This expresses his affiliation with the theocratic organization of Jehovah's Witnesses and his willingness to submit to it. (This also applies to anyone else who submits a field service report.)

By creating the hourly report, each member (so far verifiable in writing) will be a little less of an active part of the organization in the future.

By removing the requirement for all Witnesses to "turn in their hours," the Watchtower distances itself from the monthly routine of reporting to local elders, who report this raw data to the Watchtower's centralized databases.

Because there is a crucial difference between the abuse cases of the Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Only perpetrators who are employees of the Catholic Church are considered church child molesters.
    Not every pedophile is automatically asked what faith they belong to and is then publicly and legally assigned to the church.

It's different with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Here, any publisher guilty of child abuse is considered an active part of the organization based on their monthly reports.

Therefore, the sect only separates itself from its members.

It's not a big loss anyway.

This “preaching service” was the greatest waste of resources in human history anyway.

*** syr22 p. 2 total numbers for 2022 ***
    Newly baptized: 145,552
    Total field service hours: 1,501,797,703

10,317 hours per baptized person
    If a publisher works 10 hours a month, he would have to preach for 86 years before he finds someone to be baptized.
    If the publisher begins preaching at the age of 10 and lives to the age of 95...

• blondie
    blondie

If I understand correctly, elders, MS and regular pioneers will still report time?

• Earnest
    Earnest

blondie : If I understand correctly, elders, MS and regular pioneers will still report time?

Elders and MS will not be required to report time. Auxiliary and regular pioneers, special pioneers, missionaries, and circuit overseers and their wives will still report time (and bible studies).

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Earnest. What is the reasoning about elders and MS not being required to report time. Perhaps, because auxiliary and regular pioneers, special pioneers, missionaries, circuit overseers and their wives have said to the WTS that they will meet the hour quota attached to each position for a specific number hours, or about, to keep these reviewed positions.

• Earnest
    Earnest

blondie : What is the reasoning about elders and MS not being required to report time.

Reference is made to the Nazirites who had to meet certain requirements that were not expected of Israelites in general. The principle applies to pioneers etc who have volunteered to devote a certain number of hours in the ministry, which general publishers (including elders and MS) have not, as explained by Samuel Herd at the Annual Meeting @ 2:52:20.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Since there is a scripture quoted to support the fact that service numbers are no longer required for the RF, is anyone questioning that this "new light" scripture can be changed at any time? Remember, the holy spirit changes his mind, i.e. generation, anointed, etc. (sarcasm) so if you had an acquaintance who waffled those multiple times, would you continue to listen to them?

The Holy Spirit does not change, just as Jehovah does not change therefore anything considered new light is at once, suspect, a lie, especially if it has been changed 10-12 times as the generation and anointed status has been.

Their own magazines and books are witness to this fact - this is not made up by "apostates"

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Thanks, Earnest. What is the reasoning about elders and MS not being required to report time. Perhaps, because auxiliary and regular pioneers, special pioneers, missionaries, circuit overseers and their wives have said to the WTS that they will meet the hour quota attached to each position for a specific number hours, or about, to keep these reviewed positions.”

-

Even Elders can be part of the new JW LITE brigade these days. They don’t need to go on door to door anymore and there is no requirement for anything really.

taking meeting parts is all dead east you could turn up on the day with zero preparation because it’s all in the meeting workbook.

quarterly elders meetings are just old men having a good old natter just like old men do down the pub.

congregations could be likened to pubs or bars these days just without the drinks, those come at other times.

Getting back to the territory maps, these almost went away with covid letter writing now they are extremely slow getting finished as those who still go door to door only do ten mins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit