Watchtowers Real Estate Website...www.watchtowerbrooklynrealestate.com/

by NikL 12 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Is this for real?

https://www.watchtowerbrooklynrealestate.com/

Apologies if this has been brought up before.

• sir82
    sir82

Yep it's legit. There have been several posts on it already.

If you've got a couple spare million $ lying around, you can live where the Bethelites used to.

• NikL
    NikL

How would the average rank and file publisher feel about this if they found out do you think?

• sir82
    sir82

How would the average rank and file publisher feel about this if they found out do you think?

"How wonderful that Jehovah sees fit to have capable brothers oversee the real estate transactions, instead of hiring a worldly firm! And how wonderful that there will now be more money available for the worldwide work! Isn't it wonderfully wonderful how wonderful our wonderful Jehovah is? It's wonderful!"

• NikL
    NikL

Yeah, you are probably right.

It is so depressing

• longgone
    longgone

Wonder if I should send this to my well-off pioneer and elder family. They are clearly wasting their retirement funds. They will need them. It's so obvious that the WTS is stealing money from the gullible rank and file left and right. Maybe just ask her as if I was still in. Anyone should be able to see the leaders are tricksters. Well, maybe not since it's mind control that they've gotten away with this for so long. Say something to them like "What is this? I'm shocked! Didn't they recently send missionaries and CO's home for lack of funds!!??" I'm carefully going considering bringing this up. Grrr!

• dbq407
    dbq407

I like how the website has pics of a Tavern and Ale house. Clearly very "worldly" where low life degenerates would hang out. In our area we get in trouble for stepping foot in a bar. But i guess if it sells real estate, the big J is ok with it.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

longgone if you look on the watchtowers own website you can see sam hurd one of the GB telling you of all the 1000s of people from bethel that were going to be kicked out.Also on an exjw website called jw survey they have a downsizing section where they tell of many downsizing things that the watchtower have done.Ihave been on the offical jw website and checked that these 3 items are all true.

In 2012 the watchtower closed 20 branch headquaters around the world

They tell you that they are moving from prime new york city land to build a new bethel and also in london they are moving from prime city places to a town 30 miles out of central ondon

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Note this little disclaimer at the bottom of the home page:

"These facts, including but not limited to the text, graphics, and data, were prepared based on information available to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (“Watchtower”) at the time it was prepared. However, Watchtower makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information herein for any purpose, including projecting future use. Anyone using this information must independently verify the facts and statements contained herein."

Funny how they make no warranty as to the facts, and encourage independent verification of their "facts" when it comes to real estate, but they don't encourage independent verification when it comes to more important matters - when they publish so called "spiritual facts"

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I got into a discussion about this a couple days ago with another PIMO Dubya. It is too bad that it appears this web site/business is no longer operating. Did the Dubs try to run and hide again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit