The Second Coming of Christ -- Re-Examined

by TheBitterTruth 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• somebody
    somebody

BT,

You said...,.

:However, just allowing Jesus to show up at the end, just before Armageddon does nothing for the WTS, in terms of his "appointing" them to some position of authority and power over an already established church and congregation...established back during CT Russell's time.

:So...to help facilitate this understanding, the WTS "created" a two (2) stage "coming" of sorts, an (a) and (b) "coming", wherein they call the first one the "invisible [parousia] or presence which occurred in 1914, and the second one...the second "coming" [erchomai] occurs before Armageddon.

:The WTS made it complicated for us….so that they could be different, teach something different…that’s all…distinguish themselves above all of the other religions.

Wait,,,it's not a new angle. The WT perhaps "adopted", and not "created". Have you ever heard of the Darby movement? Have you ever heard the name Margaret McDonald? If not, how about the word "Dispensation" ?

I can't get past the first point of your post! I am trying though.

till next time,
    somebody

~~~~~~I think a good product would be "Baby Duck Hat". It's a fake baby duck, which you strap on top of your head. Then you go swimming underwater until you find a mommy duck and her babies, and you join them. Then, all of a sudden, you stand up out of the water and roar like Godzilla. Man, those ducks really take off! Also, Baby Duck Hat is good for parties.~~~~~~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit