"I am so excited to hear the Sunday morning talks at this summer's convention"

by Sour Grapes 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I have a super uber JDub relative who lives several states away. He is always trying to encourage me since he knows that I stopped going to the Kingdom Haul. Anyhow, he sends me a copy of the program for the summer regional convention and pointed out the Sunday morning talks. He is really excited to hear the talks and this information from Jehovah proves just how close Armageddon is.

I emailed him back that I have copies of all of the talk outlines for Sunday morning and if he would like a sneak preview of the convention to just let me know and I will send him the outlines.

A week has passed with no reply. I would assume that his mind can't comprehend how a person who doesn't go to meetings could have outlines of the talks and if I did then it has to be apostate information. If a person is so excited to hear talks about Gog and Magog and the "proclamation of the hailstones" that he would not want to wait another four months if he could have the information now.

He also knows that if he had the information before his scheduled assembly that he himself would be looked at as being an apostate.

Oh the joys of being a JDub.

• Spiral
    Spiral

That's brilliant and evil, Sour Grapes!

If he wants to "eagerly anticipate" listening to that drivel, well there's no fixing that. But you might have just taken a little of the shine off that anticipation.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

He is really excited to hear the talks and this information from Jehovah proves just how close Armageddon is.

Sad case, how near , 2075, a few generations maybe , but VERY near, almost a car crash as its SO near, Snake Oil still sells then. Very near but keep the soon to be worthless money coming!

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The talk outlines are the same as what we heard in the 1970's. The only difference is the date at the bottom of the outlines.

• steve2
    steve2

Great reply Sour Grapes! When people try to sell you something totally new and you say, "Already know - and I can give you more info on it," you can hear the deflation several states away.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Send him the outlines. Tell him that being as he was so excited about the coming talks, you interpreted it as a request for the outlines. Send the outlines to all of your 'in' relatives. Tell them so and so requested the outlines and you thought they all would like copies. Wish them a very happy convention.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He is really excited to hear the talks and this information from Jehovah proves just how close Armageddon is.

Perhaps you should send him the Watchtower dated back to the late 1800's where the WTS stated how close mankind was to Armageddon ie. 1914

The JWS was founded upon ignorance and corruption, mixed with a bit of fear, all invoked to empower men and make some money.

The light might just come on that the WTS is a commercialized fraud / false prophet recognized and identified by bible Scripture.

Image result for stupid is as stupid does

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The JDubs only purpose in life is to survive Armageddon and then at last work their asses off for a 1,000 years burying billions of dead bodies and removing rubble and planting trees with the hope that they survive the final test when Satan is released.

I can see it now in 500 years, "Brother's we must be obedient to the "Princes" because in 500 years we will have our final test. We must obey even if the loving direction seems to be strange or not practical. The final test is fast approaching and gets nearer every day."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironically JWS have no chance of making it through Armageddon by virtue of them being false prophets or being subservient to false prophets..

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Give him a sentence or two on what each major talk is about, that way he can't ignore it. It will really freak him out when he gets to the assembly and realises far from it being apostate lies you were telling the truth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit