Spiritual Terrorism

by Xandria 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria
    What I don't get is that we were 'told' to ask people at the doors if they were just 'given' their religion from their parents and then if they said yes, to use it to have them question if it was really the true religion for them. But if we are born into this, are we allowed to make sure it is correct? can we investigate? No.

I have to figure things out for myself, not be forced into a belief or be tormented if I don't just follow blindly.

Sns,

This is a classic "do as I say", issue. We have gone door to door asking people to change thier religion touting that ours is the true religion of religions. This closed minded way, by not allowing any doubt, research or question, is hypercritical. Because we ask others to question thier own religion, in compairing "ours" against thiers. Trying to force our religion on to them by confusion and comparison.

Yet, by not allowing us to question our own religion.. makes one think they have more to hide than other religions.

The reason I say that is, because in many other religions~ searching is part of the religion. In order to obtain "enlightenment" you have to work through the enigma known as life and spirtual meaning.

It is very important that you are allowed to find that "inner peace" and balance for yourself. It is way too easy to be spoon fed your religion. Many are too lazy to look into thier belief system. The attitude of my parents, greatgrandparents and so on .. all believed this way and I am going to carry on this tradition. Doesn't always work.

Closed minded and ridged. This clinging to a belief no matter if it is wrong~ allows people to continue in the paths preset for them. It is a way they are able to absolve themselves of personal responsiblity for thier actions. Well I have always believed this way and because of this teaching. It gives me the right to trash your esteem; and spiritual well being. Taking personal responsiblity for your beliefs and actions is the only way you are going to be able to like and respect yourself, as well as others.

I know the WTS fears this scrutiny... and I have found out why too. The more you dig the more you find out that they do not have all the answers. They pretend to know all.. but in learning for yourself you find they don't know. They don't know the true meaning of humanity or love. To them love is ruling by fear, hate, confusion, etc.

Sns, I know this is something we all have to seek for ourselves. Especially after being force fed religion. I wish you good journey.

Take care,

X.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good thread.

Inability to attach importance to anything but this event

Funny, as much as I have repudiated the cultish, rigid fundamentalism of JWism, in many ways my life ended when I left. Like I'm living on borrowed time or something, it's a strange feeling. I was such an enthusiastic convert, and 10 years later so devastated and disillusioned by the whole steaming pile of crap known as Watchtower Inc. Now 33 years old with no wife, no kids, very few friends, emotional problems, I wonder what, if anything, I really have to look forward to.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Sns, OMG, I cannot believe she said that. Wait a minute, yes I can. I remember her and what she's done before. You are so much better off without her no matter what you decide. If you decided for yourself to go back to JW-land, then you don't ever need friends like that.

• DJ
    DJ

Xandria,

Very good. You zoned right in on what it is like. People who haven't gone thru that can't understand it and that's why I am so glad to have found all of you. I wonder if it ever goes completley away? It has been 7 years for me and I am a Christian now, yet I still suffer these after effects at times. It is a hard way to live. Your post pegged it all. Thanks..love, dj

• Xandria
    Xandria

DJ,

I don't think it ever goes away fully.. it stays with you. I know, I have thought I got over something and it will come back and smack me right between the eyes.

X.

• avengers
    avengers

Hey X.

Thanks for trying to give us hope. Sounds like you're a good person who cares about others.
    Persons like you should be cherished. What you posted is absolutely true.

Thanks....................Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit