How oblivious are your typical jdub ? Facepalm alert

by nowwhat? 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So talking with friends and they mentioned they just visited their daughter at bethel. So I asked did she say why Anthony Morris is no longer on the GB?. He had no clue about that. You would think that would come up in conversation. But I bet bethelites are forbidden from bringing up the subject. Then he mentioned how a wt attorney friend mentioned there was a re arranging the legal department because of lots of lawsuits. So I was about to say because of the csa? Then he said because many people are suing the organization because of getting injured on kh/ wt properties. Yeah right!🙄

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How are they supposed to know if they don’t listen to anti JW stuff? The announcement about AM3 was easy to miss and would only be seen by those delving into that corner of their site.

Ignorance is bliss.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The WT web interface is not easy to navigate. Therefore things are missed, even for those who look. The breaking news is inevitably days or weeks old. JW talk is probably the real source of news. Alas, I flubbed which book to answer questions from and got blocked. Mostly the news I seek is from a concern for people, not the borg.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The typical JW is so oblivious to reality they're in a 'stupor'.

They were saying on the six screens, a few weeks ago. It can be 'dangerous' in way to wake-up someone who is in trance or sleepwalking, It can be more harm than good. They can go off the deep-end.

No. People who are 'destined' to wake-up,, wake-up. 'Waking-up' is what people have to do on their own. You can't convince them yourself. All one can do is present the facts plain and simple, let them see it. If they wake-up...it's usually them doing it themselves.. All someone can do is show them. It's them actually snapping-out of it so to speak.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I sincerely believe, it can be very dangerous to wake a person up who is in a trance. My father is one of them. At his age and state of health, it would kill him to wake up. I actually don’t want him to wake up.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It can be particularly devastating to "wake - up"",, so to speak.

Here's where the "sunk cost"" fallacy kicks-in. Especially after not having children,,forgoing marriages/relationships,,,education or loss of friends or family from a deadly blood policy.

That's when waking-up can be dangerous.

People have to want to ""wake"" on their own. After sacrificing life/education for a "false prophet"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Let's be honest, we, as mentally diseased apostates(tm), know more about all things Jobot than the Jobots do.

They are happy in their Jobot haze of naivety

I wager most of them have no idea who the GB(TM)(Pee be upon them), actually are. Just some greasy, gluttonous fat blokes in America that must be obeyed no matter what.

Jobots are too happified(tm) to look into their own cult.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNK OF NICE:

I have to agree that most active Witnesses are in a near total news blackout with regard to all that’s happening in their religion. This includes the AM3 mystery as well as other things like the magnitude of halls being sold.

We seem to know much more than they do!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JWs just in a total blind stupor.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Agree with you all. My point was you would think it would have come up in conversation when they visited their daughter at bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit