Living in the last of the last days - A new prophecy

by Listener 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

Although not a new concept by the Watchtower, particularly in public talks and at assemblies, they have now put this prophecy in writing.

Watchtower Oct 2019 page 8 -13 Study No.40 titled -

KEEP BUSY DURING THE LAST OF "THE LAST DAYS"

The first paragraph asks '1. What convinces us that we are living in “the last days”?'

Nothing new here, the Watchtower has taught that humans have been living in the last days since 1914 for decades now and point to the signs that we are all familiar with.

The second paragraph then introduces the statement that we are now in the last of the 'last days' stating

Because so much time has passed since 1914, we must now be living in the last of “the last days.” Since the end is so near, we need to know the answers to some important questions: What events will occur at the end of “the last days”? And what does Jehovah expect us to do while we wait for those events?

They admit that they cannot give a date so instead they have basically sectionalized the last days. We know they teach that the start of the last days was in 1914 but they don't state when the start of the last of the last days began. Surely they know if they claim we are in those days.

For decades they have claimed that Armageddon was imminent and put that in writing and since losing their old teaching regarding 'this generation' they have not been so specific in the publications.

There is nothing to substantiate this claim other than the fact that 105 years have passed since 1914 and because of this length of time they say we must be living in the last of the last days. Not even their latest 'this generation' supports the idea. But there is not one thing in the bible that they can point to or do point to, which identifies this period (the last of the last days) and that includes any prophecies therefore they are making up their own prophecy about living in this specific time.

In the paragraph posted above they ask what will occur at the end of these last days and what does God want them to do whilst they wait for the end of the last days. But the real question that arises from this paragraph is - How can they be in the last of the last days when they acknowledge that they are not at the end of the last days? Because according to them, there are certain defined events that will occur at the Great Tribulation which occurs prior to Armageddon and at the end of the last days. According to their own teachings they can't be in the last of the last days since the GT occurs at the end of the last days then that is the last of the last days.

Evidently, what they mean is that they are now living in the last of the last days of the period before the GT which occurs in the last of the last days.

Overlapping generations anyone?

Naturally the rank & file are lapping this up and why we are seeing the hysteria increasing (again).
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m confused and i`m sure all of Jw`s are confused ,

The last of the last days ? The overlapping generation ?

The generation that will not pass away till all of these things occur ? and they all have passed away !

Jesus taking up the throne in 1914 ? 105 years ago ? Whats he done since then ?

The New Testament is all about Jesus Christ kingdom ,the WT /JW religion is all about Jehovah`s Kingdom ,where is that mentioned in the New Testament ?

• Biahi
    Biahi

The last of the last days, lol, they last, and last, and last. How many with 2 brain cells can believe this crap?

• waton
    waton

since the publishers of this article also teach that they (or their second generation overlappers) will be called to heaven when these final last days finally start, the listeners will be left to hold the [empty] bags abandoned.

so long suckers

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We were saying in the 1960's , 70's, 80's and 90's that "the last days cannot last much longer, that's obvious "!

But they did... they last and last and keep lasting

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

The last last days ... seems to my like , when I was child my parent warned me.

1 time !

2 time !

2 time and half ....

2 time and 3/4 ...

GB infantilizes jw ....

Best regards

• Half banana
    Half banana

There is another scenario. Is it just possible that the 1878 Watchtower promise of the new world paradise complete under the direction of the Jesus as king by the year 1914 -- is actually wrong? Surely they didn't get that wrong did they?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Listener - Naturally the rank & file are lapping this up and why we are seeing the hysteria increasing (again).

They kind of have to. Otherwise they are outcasts. When some JWs have the IQ of a small turnip they will be so excited at this regurgitated, meaningless pigswill.

I hope that claptrap like this will wake some others up.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember the Watchtower study one Sunday when I was about 8 years old. The study conductor, all wide eyed and frothing at the mouth, assured us that it will definately come before my generation left school.

I'm 35.

It was "the last seconds of the last minute of the last days" then.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12
    "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."

The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and subsequent CD library.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit