The wages of sin...

by joey jojo 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Somewhere in the bible it says; The wages of sin is death.

Just death.

Not pain or anguish or agonising illnesses.

So , why do we have to endure all of the heart-breaking torment that goes along with life? Isn’t it enough that we simply die?

Even if we maintained good health and lived to a decent age of 70- 80 as it mentions in the bible and then died, isn’t that paying what we owe? We still lose everything. Our loved ones grieve us.

I was always told as a child that loving God would not allow people to suffer in a hell-fire after-life. So why is it ok to suffer in life?

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Life is the real punishment. To die means to have served one's time. Like almost everything, the Bible writers got this ass-backwards.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The concept of sin is a very clever invention. It means that by creating guilt, religious leaders can both control their flocks and also collect payments for doing so.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You could also ask the question why, when GOD /Jehovah was blessing the nation of Israel/Jews that their were still poor people that had to gather what was left over from harvests.?

Also ask why, under Theocratic rule when God /Jehovah was blessing his people there were still his people inflicted with leprosy ? a shocking disease that no human would want anybody to suffer.

Yet somehow God was OK with that.

• tiki
    tiki

Jesus said thered always be the poor...does that mean there will be economic disparity in the dub new world? Or is the word always not to be taken as forever.

A lot of human suffering though could be circumvented if people were kind compassionate and ethical. "Mans inhumanity to man" Ecclesiastes....universal practice of Jesus law of love could eliminate much pain and misery...but still youd have natural disasters wreaking havoc and human illnesses to contend with.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Nihilism at its finest.

life is a great adventure and a priveldge we get for a very short time. Make it count :)

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Somewhere in the bible it says; The wages of sin is death.
    Just death. Not pain or anguish or agonising illnesses.

The Bible also says, "man has dominated man to his injury" or 'man lords over others to his own hurt'.

Most of the misery we face is because of the vile actions of other men. Hence suffering precedes death in many cases,

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

In Judaism, death is not a punishment. It's just part of life. You live it, you die, you rest.

Just like your being born into this world is not a reward for doing good in a previous life, dying is not a punishment because you did bad.

This is one of those ideas from Christianity that totally screws up a person's view if they read the Jewish Bible through this lens. It's also a reason a dying messiah was not acceptable to us. To redeem us from a natural part of life, a doorway to rest, is not redemption.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Bible speaks of set time periods for God to act - Acts, Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, Hebrews.

What did the Bible writers know, and how did they know it?

This intrigued me so much that I set out to find as much as I could about the subject.

The Book of Enoch prophesies a ten-week time frame before all things in Heaven and Earth are restored to unity with God.

If you calculate the time period from Adam to Jesus of Nazareth, it is 3760 years, the end of the 7th or Sabbath Day. Now, this should have been a wrap-up of all things, as God would have sevened Himself, but the Evil One cut across His path.

So, another "day" of 3760 years, an 8th day as it were, was needed in order to bring all Creation into harmony with His will. This, I believe, was symbolized by the last Great Day of the Festival of Ingathering.

We, I believe, are 2017 years into the 8th day, with 1743 years left.

However, back to the ten weeks of Enoch.

Each week, it seems, is composed of 752 years; five weeks (3760 years) before Jesus of Nazareth, and five weeks (3760 years) after.

It has been nearly three weeks (2256 years) since Jesus of Nazareth promised He would return, and the Book of Enoch shows that He will be back on Earth and ruling in His Kingdom before the year 2256, which is 239 years away.

The question is, WHEN during the 239-year interval does He show up?

Fascinating stuff, isn't it?

Sylvia

• Half banana
    Half banana

Sylvia you're not the descendant of Russell's love child are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit