The Perfect Storm in 2018?

by Wild_Thing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I don’t think many JWs will watch the show, the GB don’t even have to command them not to watch it, most would be too terrified of ***apostasy?!!!*** on their TV screen. I know I was when I was a JW. Coming on here for the first time when I was a doubter I was terrified and my heart pounding as I was reading. Even then I didn’t stay longer than a minute before praying to Jehovah for forgiveness etc. But two years later I woke up and came back again.

If they do watch it’ll be a massive seed like another poster has said. Some may watch simply so they can refute the arguments. So im hoping there’s not going to be an exaggeration or deliberate misquotes to give the JWs something to point at and claim it’s a lie.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WT is like a wild beast that needs 'new' blood. Without that it will only be ravenous, turning on their weak.

Religion can be a religion without converts for maybe a generation. It doesn't have much draw to keep their young. It seems most 'second' generation JW kids don't have the same strickness, not much WT idealism on their kids, than as how second generation were raised. Do you notice this?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I think a number of long term internal pressures will bring decline in the United States. (Unless the organisation actually collapses which is also possible)

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 .... just sayin....

I will the above is just wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great?

yes, it is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't know about a "perfect storm", but I do think we're gonna start seeing the Org's tax-exempt status eroding away in the near future.

I think a better question might be, "just how dependent is the Org's 'business model' on said tax-exempt status?"

As for an "exodus", there's actually different kinds.

As far as I'm concerned, we are the exodus.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Watchtower has already collapsed. We were expecting the collapse to come physically but it was an invisible collapse.

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher

I think it will be an invisible, overlapping collapse after revealing some new light.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The WT has something up it's sleeve the GB members still appear way too goddamn arrogant and happy to be almost out of a job and destitute.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

It seems obvious they are liquidating. I think MANY will watch Remini's show. Almost everyone you meet either knows a JW or has one in their family....they will watch. I think many in the borg will secretly watch. the whole language of the JW has completely changed since the 60's. The term "Governing Body" make me sick. It's like a sci fi movie.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sparrowdown - "... the GB members still appear way too goddamn arrogant and happy to be almost out of a job..."

A surprisingly easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

I watch with interest the parallel between the potential for Watchtower to collapse and the actual collapse of the former Soviet Union. (See link below for explanation on each of the following 5 Reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union.)

1. JW.ORG and JW Broadcasting vs Peristrioka and Glastnost.

2. Aging Watchtower leadership, governing body, elders who are all less spiritually clean vs Aging Politiburo which was less ideologically pure.

3. Societal shift against Watchtower over ongoing child abuse scandals and extremism (Australian Child Abuse Royal Commission, Banning in Russia, Charity Commission of England, government investigations such as in the Netherlands, TV exposure, court cases involving child abuse) vs Western Aggression against Soviet Union and the cold war.

4. Watchtower's dwindling donations, the constant selling off of assets, and the circle of internal donations using the same money repeatedly to donate from one WT charity to the next vs Russia's economic failure and over exageration of stock-on-hand.

5. Apostate movement and reformation movement, both internal and external, and the constant rewriting of doctrinal teachings to patch up failing corporate policies operating under the guise of theocracy vs Soviet Nationalist movement.

https://graduate.norwich.edu/resources-mmh/articles-mmh/exploring-5-reasons-for-the-collapse-of-the-soviet-union/

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/sovietcollapse.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Soviet_Union

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit