I watch with interest the parallel between the potential for Watchtower to collapse and the actual collapse of the former Soviet Union. (See link below for explanation on each of the following 5 Reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union.)
1. JW.ORG and JW Broadcasting vs Peristrioka and Glastnost.
2. Aging Watchtower leadership, governing body, elders who are all less spiritually clean vs Aging Politiburo which was less ideologically pure.
3. Societal shift against Watchtower over ongoing child abuse scandals and extremism (Australian Child Abuse Royal Commission, Banning in Russia, Charity Commission of England, government investigations such as in the Netherlands, TV exposure, court cases involving child abuse) vs Western Aggression against Soviet Union and the cold war.
4. Watchtower's dwindling donations, the constant selling off of assets, and the circle of internal donations using the same money repeatedly to donate from one WT charity to the next vs Russia's economic failure and over exageration of stock-on-hand.
5. Apostate movement and reformation movement, both internal and external, and the constant rewriting of doctrinal teachings to patch up failing corporate policies operating under the guise of theocracy vs Soviet Nationalist movement.