by little witch 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smack
    smack

I hated setting the example. I still hate short hair

Brian

• invictus
    invictus

little witch,

I am so sorry for your hurting. your story was so powerful and emotional that I almost felt like you then.

from my experience in wt I learned at least one valuble thing - listen and learn from kids- they see world and events around them with pure eyes.

when our oldest child was in a kindergarden she told everyone that if they do not go to kingdom hall and became witnesses they will be destroyed at armageddon. well, the same day I was talked to by her teacher who was very tactfull but basically her message was keep your religion for yourself. belive me I was upset not because what teacher said but what my kid said to other kids. that was first time I looked behind " curtain" of my cherished beliefs.suddenly they become to resemble the same ones we ran away from during civil war in yugo; one nation can only exist if they extreminate all others around them - here, only one religion survives,whole mankind destroyed.

still took me 7 years to get out of that cult.

invictus

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

THanks for sharing, LW.

At age four I came out of the local post-office, and pointed at the spire of one of the local churches, and proclaimed:
    "Mammy, that's Babylon the Great, and the people who go in there are going to die at Armaggedon!".

...I've since been in there, myself

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((LW))

Thank you so much for sharing. You are far stronger than you realize. I'm so glad I've gotten to know you.

Lisa

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Step Moms and and Mother-In laws are Wack-O

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Once upon a time, a twelve year old shortstop had to become a minister. This is the true story of her one and only attempt.

What a story too, very moving! To think of having picked up all the courage to actually talk to the guy and then getting a bang around the ear in return. grrrr

Glad you shared LW.

Brummie

• little witch
    little witch

Thank you all so much for your kindness, and for sharing your experiences with me also.

You know, this event stayed with me for a long time. It really made me afraid to talk to anyone about anything for the longest time! Of course I am over that now. Except for talking religion to people. I rarely discuss that with anyone.

I feel so bad for kids in the watchtower. They are preped and used so badly, and kids dont have the skills or emotional maturity to deal with consequences of being "ministers".

I feel that what they do to kids is emotional abuse.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Thank you for sharing that. I have to say, your stepmum is a special kind of sick to push you into something like that and then to react how she did when it didn't go the way she thought it should.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit