The Devil was right!!!

by bluesapphire 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Suppose that there is an immortal soul that survives death and waits in heaven until the resurrection where it will be united with a new body.

Then that would mean that the devil was right in telling Adam and Eve that they would not die, but rather that God knew that they would live forever. So why? Why didn't God want Adam and Eve to know? Why didn't he want them to eat of the tree that would give them this knowledge?

Any ideas anyone?

• luna
    luna

Well, this is assuming that the story of Adam and Eve is true. I, myself, don't buy into it, but going along w/ the theory....

I suppose it would be because God didn't want them to know, because if they knew, they'd be less likely to go along w/ what he told them to do. Kind-of a fear tactic- "do what i say, and you won't get hurt!"

After all, religion is just a way to keep the masses in line....what better way to start out the book at the center of it all? Kind-of fitting.

• shamus
    shamus

OMG,

So, you are asking what the bible means? I have no thoughts at this point... just none.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

None? You must have at least ONE thought!

• Satanus
    Satanus

It doesn't make much sense, does it? Many in the church still discourage reading the ot.

SS

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Can I conclude from this that evil will always be with us? But then again, were just supposing, right?

Guest 77

• HollyHock
    HollyHock

Bluesapphire;

That is an excellent question and one I have pondered for a long time. It makes no sense does it? In that same vein are why was Ables sacrifice acceptable while Cains was not? And the big one why did God demand a blood sacrifice in Christ for the act of eating fruit? I have questioned these things and am always researching. I would like to suggest a specific book for you to look at. It's rather dry but you will find some very interesting information that may answer your question. It is "When God was a Woman" By Merlin Stone

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

At some point, it's like asking if the other reindeer really excluded Rudolph from their reindeer games.

• The Angry Atheist
    The Angry Atheist

that would mean that the devil was a real dude. he was not. im not shuting down yer ideas. it is obvious to me that you put some though into this. i am just so fukken pissed about the whole myth that my teeth are grinding and making snow in my mouth. gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr

sincerly,

the angry atheist

• gumby
    gumby

Actually he was at least half right.

Satan said "for god knows in the day you eat from the fruit, you'll be just like him....knowing good and bad". The Jehovah confirmed Satan words by saying...."Now man is just like us...knowing good and bad".

Satan told a half truth........just like his kids in the borg do.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit