Is the Trinity that damn important?

by logansrun 18 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Asked my Dad the other day, a man who DA'd himself seven years ago yet, amazingly, still believes 99% of what the Dubs teach just what makes him believe the Dubs have the "Truth." What were the first words out of his mouth?

"Well, they don't believe in the Trinity...."

Damn. Now, I'm no longer a Dub or a Christian, but it seems to me that both sides to this debate have made the question of the deity of Christ way, way, WAY too important. Trinitarians, non-trinitarians -- brainwashed, all of them.

If that is the NUMBER ONE reason why the Dubs have the Truth, well that's pretty sad. The opposite of that statement is also true.

Sorry, I feel like ranting today.

Bradley

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Exactly..... how important is it? One day we'll all find out, but whether there is one, or isn't, it doesn't effect our day to day life.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Right on, Double Edge; but just try telling that to Hooberus and his ilk who've been spinning their wheels -- and sometimes even spilling blood -- over this nonsense for centuries, if not millenia.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Until such time as the finite mind can comprehend the infinite, discussion of the trinity is irrelevant.

• Makaveli
    Makaveli

In a word :

no.

Raise it to the next level man. Dont argue over biblical doctrine, or scandals like the UN. Simply discard the whole thing.... raise it to next level, man.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Thank you Makeveli. I will certainly try to "raise it to the next level." Thank you, again.

Signed,

Man

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good point Bradley. I also find it idiotic that JWs place so much importance on the cross vs. stake issue. What does it matter?

• logansrun
    logansrun

Watson,

Yeah, the "Jesus REALLY died on a stake" doctrine is almost laughable in it's usage by the dubs. (Is it just me or was this teaching more important to them years ago?)

Even so, there's not much doubt in my mind that Jesus was crucified in the way that that Whore Babylon said all along. The Trinity? Could go either way in my book.

But, in the end, it's all bullshit.

Bradley

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If one has abandoned Christianity , or religion, then of course it is not important at all . However , if one still has a deep commitment to Jesus, as many people do, then it is still a very important issue.

Consider, if you love Jesus and profess to base your life around his teaching , then it is pretty damn important to know who he is and from where he came.

It the trinity is true then all JW's and other non trinitarians are insulting him by teaching that he is mere creation of the Father . If it is not true then trinitarians are insulting the Father by claiming that worship be shared with Jesus.

Personally, I am still in the mode that ,although I know that the dubs are not "Gods organisation" , I have not commited myself about anything else

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Bradley,this might interest you and your dad.

In the Blood Brochure printed 1990 "How Can Blood Save Your Life?"on page 7,there is a photo of the early Christians being executed on the "CROSS"not the Stake.

Look closely at the background and you will see at least three executions on the Cross.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit