Proposed Goals for AJWRB

by Lee Elder 16 Replies latest jw friends

• esther
    esther

jschwehm, I think that is a good idea. If it is successful in the United States, maybe it could then be carried out in other countries around the world. Just think what could be achieved with that sort of coverage.

esther

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

A show like "Judging Amy" might be able to do a good job with the subject.
    I wouldn't know where to start with this kind of an endeavor.

Lee

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I think you realize that AJWRB has never been about "bringing down" the WTS. We're exploring some
    linkage because these issues have a common thread - child neglect, child endangerment. You are quite
    correct in your assessment. The linkage could be dangerous so we have to carefully evaluate the risks
    and benefits.

The linkage could be as simple as reciprocal links or adding an article regarding the dangers children in the
    the Watchtower Society are unnecessarily exposed to.

Thank you for your comments.

Lee

• sf
    sf

Dear Lee,

I must say, this post has given me great Hope for the days to come. Thank you for allowing us too the opportunity to help out in ways that will surely make a huge difference in EACH AND EVERY COMMUNITY. We all can play a role in educating our very own communities with such powerful goals here. You said: >

7. Add a pediatrician to AJWRB's group of physician advocates.<

My neighbor "Dr. Gordon" is a pediatric surgeon. We have discussed this issue of blood and parents he deals with who are jws a few times. I will get his take on this and reply as soon as possible.

sKally (getting excited klass!!)

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Skally

You wrote:

"My neighbor "Dr. Gordon" is a pediatric surgeon. We have discussed this issue of blood and parents he deals
    with who are jws a few times. I will get his take on this and reply as soon as possible."

We would very much like to communicate with your neighbor, Dr. Gordon.

Best regards,

Lee

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello LeeElder,

I do find the following, worthy every efforts:

6. Call for the Watchtower to duplicate their Bulgarian policy of not issuing advance directives to Jehovah's Witness minors worldwide. Issue a press release.

7. Add a pediatrician to AJWRB's group of physician advocates.

8. Regularly exhibit at the Pediatric events.

9. Set up a toll free phone number for AJWRB.

10. When HemoPure is approved in the United States, mount a massive education campaign from hospital administrators to chaplains, surgeons to ER physicians, critical care nurses and the like, alerting them to the new treatment. We should go ahead and write at least some articles at this time so that they are ready to be quickly published.

11. Write an article for Hospital Administrators and Chaplains detailing the role of Hospital Visitation Committees and H.L.C. members as informants that breech medical confidentiality of Jehovah's Witness patients.

12. Provide a critical analysis of the WTS letter to all elder bodies and the outline provided for the service meeting part associated with the Health care power of attorney.

13. Provide a critical analysis of the new blood video.

14. Develop an article in conjunction with Steven Hassan to demonstrate how the WTS has planted phobias in the minds of JWs to prevent them from accepting needed blood therapy. Provide suggestions for physicians and family members.

Some governments are already inclined to view the WTS as a dangerous sect and refuse to recognize it officially as well as tax it.

We want to stress that the WTS is persecuting its own members by refusing to grant them basic rights like the right to privacy, medical confidentiality and autonomy when making life and death medical decisions.

We want to communicate that members of the WTS loose the right to enjoy normal relations with their JW family members simply for expressing disapproval of the WTS policies on the use of blood transfusions or for refusing to let their child die by authorizing a blood transfusion.

16. Provide a new article that specifically answers the objection of some JW's that nothing has changed.

(This one is worthy investigating…really many think, understand,
    imagine and eventually believe that nothing has changed).

°°°°°°
    jschwehm

"We could explain to the paper that the JWs are not allowed to donate blood under fear of excommunication but they are allowed to accept certain blood fractions so we are donating blood for them. We could also get some anonymous JWs to donate blood who could interview with the local press and tell them about the shunning doctrine. "

A very good point.

esther

"If it is successful in the United States, maybe it could then be carried out in other countries around the world. Just think what could be achieved with that sort of coverage."

True, these points should be given the widest publicity as possible, and in the
    European countries as well.

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

• sf
    sf

Hello again Lee,

I spoke to Gordon this morning and he says he is not able at this time to become involved.

However, I directed him to your site and email address. He has agreed to at least take a look at it.

This is a good thing, as he will become more aware of what your goals are.

Sincerely, sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit