Nativity Scene in JW Literature

by Wild_Thing 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Does anyone know if the JWs have very printed a picture of, what might be considered, a nativity scene in any of their literature? I think it would funny to create a Christmas card using their own artwork! Haha!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The old Paradise book published in 1958 had a baby Jesus in the manger scene.

At least...I seem to remember that...

• OrphanCrow
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

And here is the next page...so you can read the JW version of events:

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    That would make a really ugly Christmas card :).
  • smiddy
    smiddy

You could use the illustration , with the caption , " Merry Christmas ,The Solution To Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained "

And send it to as many JW`s you can think of.

smiddy.

• jhine
    jhine

They had used to celebrate Christmas at one time didn't they ? Til new light said it was evil , or was that Rutherford ?

I am helping to push Christmas cards from the church through every door in the parish , including JW's houses ( we don't discriminate ) .

That must annoy them . That's not the reason we do it by the way , lol .

Jan

• talesin
    talesin

Jan, I remember that my father celebrated as a child. That side of the family goes back to 1800s. So, I would say "yes".

t

• jhine
    jhine

talesin , yes I am sure that I have some WT stuff printed off from this site about celebrating Christmas .

Jan

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

There is a nativity scene on pages 8 and 9 of the book from the 2015 conventions, called Jesus - The Way, the Truth, the Life (which seems to be a replacement for the Greatest Man book). It's available at jw.org under Publications-->Featured Items, then scroll down to "Convention Releases." I only have a pdf copy and the picture is split between the two pages, so I'm not in a position to post a scan; maybe someone more adept with graphics can do so.

Here's a direct link to the Convention Release section: http://www.jw.org/en/publications/jw-convention-releases-2015/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit