The things that went on...

by shamus 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus
    shamus

The things that went on behind closed doors in Kindumb halls appalls me. I just can't even put into words the things that I have found out over the years... how horribly elders treated people, how everything was kept secret...

It disgusts me.

Were there lots of secrets in your hall, where people never knew the personal hell that you were going through? Or was it common knowledge?

How shameful that an organization can treat people this way.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yeah, You never know what happens behind closed doors!!!!

• shamus
    shamus

I guess what is shocking is how sometimes you would know all, but sometimes you would know nothing... nothing at all.

Have you ever found out some of the things that went on, years later?

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Shamus are you referring to me?

• shamus
    shamus

Well, not just you in particular, but anyone out there in JWD land.

No, I'm not picking you out of the crowd, oldcrowwoman, LOL! I wonder what you look like in RL, if you really look like an old crow or not! I bet not!

• IronGland
    IronGland

Im not sure, being secret and all...

• berylblue
    berylblue

Exactly, Iron Gland. I was not in the "secret gossip loop", frowing on such things myself. I did try hard never to repeat gossip, although I sadly admit I sometimes did.

• dyan4help
    dyan4help

There were "clicks" at the hogwash hall I went to. The home you went to for the book study depended on the click you were in. If you were too old or sickly or they thought you would tell what went on you went to the hall for your study. My bookstudy was at the PO's house. He had 4 children and had birthday parties for them that we all were invited to come to with food and presents but he said as long as it wasn't on their birthday it was OK by him to do this. I am a widow with 2 kids and he invited me and the kids to go on vacation with his family and told me that his wife and kids go to bed early and I could sneak out of my room after mine were asleep and he would show me a good time. This was said standing in his house and he had his wife show me pictures of the place we would stay on the internet and laugh about it. He often got drunk with another "brother", and they would show up at my house and I would not let them in. I didn't want drunks around the kids even if it was the PO. He sat on my front porch and talked about everyone at the hall.. Told me the confessions some made to him. Said most of the men at the hall didn't know how to be men. He had ugly names he called the crippled people who went there. He said he had enough on the other elders and the CO that they could not touch him. He was right........I am gone and he is still there.

Dyan

• lovinglife
    lovinglife

I found out many years later that a friend from the kingdom hall had been molested for many years by her father. I had no idea. Her mother divorced him and he was D'F shipped. Her uncle ( her father's brother) confessed to a boy he was studying with that he could no longer study with him because he was attracted to him. It seems he'd been denying to himself that he was gay for years. Very sad. But to think this was all happening and no one knew; not even my devout JW mom. I can only wonder what else went on that wasn't ever revealed. Very very sad.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hi there y'all!

Since you guys Just love to talk about the down side of the Org, here's a true, recent, and juicy story.

There's this fairly new Spanish brother in the New England area of the Country that placed cameras in his step daughters' rooms & bathroom (they're like 16 & 18 years old), to watch their every move; that little pervert!!! Well, the daughters found out and brought the evidence to the mother and she did nothing. Then I'm told the girls brought the complaint before the Presiding Overseer elder, and nothing has been done.

Want to take a guess at why nothing has been done???!!! A few of us that know about this case have figured it all out! Well............... It's because the little pervert in question owes the PO elder $10,000 in a restaurant business deal!!! If the PO elder or body of elders discipline this fellow, he'll just get 'cold' in the Org and walk away not paying the PO elder his $$$.

Now, did I tell you this is just another man-made religious Organization or what?! Many of us in there just take it as such.

Even as we speak, thankfully, the proper legal authorities have been notified and are taking care of this matter.

As for me and many of us that know about this case, we intend not to have any interaction with either this nasty pervert or the elders that turn their sight the other way in favor or monetary interests. People like these are the ones that have allowed perpetrators of abuse to continue on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit