Item about child sexual abuse within community of Jehovah's Witnesses
    English subtitles included

I

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Thanks for sharing.

• zeb
    zeb

thanks for sharing. I was surprised that the prosecutors office is taking such a lame stance on this. But, the exposure is increasing.. and I was pleased the tv show used footage from the ARC.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wow Jochie thank you.

Did you notice the brand new assembly hall in the background, that was featured on JWBroadcast not too long ago?

It was a very good piece, my only regret is whoever was responsible for the editing kept featuring crosses in the background, which of course ensures any jw's watching will automatically cry fowl and dismiss the piece as inaccurate.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I also noticed in the introductory editing that guy with the huge beard (carrying a giant cross) who actually goes around challenging jw's or cart crashing them!!!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Thanks for sharing jochie. Also thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into this. It must have quite an impact on your personal life to go public like this.

@D-sis, yeah I noticed the crosses as well. But to me much more important is the way Raymond and Nico behaved themselves during the interview. They were calm, respectful, and nobody can rightfully claim their words are hate-driven lies.

• menrov
    menrov

Although this is a very popular, sort of infotainment program, I agree with Anders that Raymond and Nico did very well and respectfully. Although the WT does not deserve any respect for this.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Media attention for JW sexual abuse problems has increased considerably. There have been three items at RTL news, one at RTL late night talk show and one at NOS news. That's five items since december 28, 2017!

Now politics is discussing it at the highest level... let's hope the victims will get their Dutch "ARC".

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@RPT,

Regional radio and TV station RTV Noord has done several items on radio and TV as well. Not sure about others.
    https://www.rtvnoord.nl/zoeken?query=reclaimed%20voices

And then there was the avalanche of newpaper/news site articles.

And still more to come.

The General Assembly (Tweede Kamer) will review the report of last week's meeting.
    The Ministry of Justice will talk to JW leaders again.
    A commission will investigate them.
    The DA has been requested to go and collect the files from the JW.
    Thirteen victims have already demanded their abuse case files from the JW.

All things that will generate more attention, more news....and hopefully, and most importantly: change for the better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit