Why the Watchtower has changed. They actually had no choice.

by pistolpete 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Did anyone ever Check the Doctors who claimed something that backed up the WT Society.

JW / Ex-JW Tales

I remember the Watchtower and Awake magazines used to have tons of articles on every subject you could think off.

History, medical, Science, masturbation, dating, homosexuality, etc.

This was before the internet. So you couldn't google and check. You just had to take their word for it and believe they were the Faithful and Discreet slave who always told the truth.

Then the internet was born!!👍

Then on a day off you pull out an Awake magazine because you want to research masturbation again because a bible study asked you a question.

Then as you are reading the Old Awake magazine on masturbation, it says that it can cause people to BECOME Homosexuals. So you look up the doctor that said that on the internet.

And You find out the a doctor that was referenced in the Awake magazine, lived in the year 1275 A.D.

WTF!!!!🤦‍♀️

Found this on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/oquf0r/did_anyone_ever_check_the_doctors_who_claimed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yep, it’s like that time they quote Darwin or Dawkins or Weinberg, and then when you find the quote in context, it shows that they completely misrepresented it by quote-mining.

http://www.tj-encyclopedie.org/Discussion:L%27Origine_de_la_Vie#Misquotes

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Ya but that was back when the world was flat.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Fact checking via the Internet is such a wonderful resource.

The lies and deception by the JW Org/WT are so easily exposed, they can only get away with doing similar to a degree by NEVER quoting sources and saying things like " A recent Study says..... " or " A Scientist says " etc etc if no sources are quoted they simply could be making up what they say, or more likely, quoting sources and Scientists who are doubtful and certainly not qualified to pronounce on the matter in question. They really are devious Buggers. which begs the question, : " If you have the Truth, why do you have to lie about it ?".

• Overrated
    Overrated

I took the creation book to one of my instructors at college in the science department. Got it back to weeks later filled with red ink. Lot misquoted incomplete information and one sided thought. Than at the end the instructor wrote that the writer's of this crap will more and likely get into legal trouble for the scientist they misquoted.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    I took the creation book to one of my instructors at college in the science department. Got it back to weeks later filled with red ink. Lot misquoted incomplete information and one sided thought. Than at the end the instructor wrote that the writer's of this crap will more and likely get into legal trouble for the scientist they misquoted.

Does anyone remember the predecessor to the Creation book? I remember studying it around 1999 in the Book Study. It actually attacked critical thinking...by name.

crit·i·cal think·ing

Learn to pronounce

noun

the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

It was easier to bullshit people with misinformation and ignorance before the inter net.

The WTS built itself up from bullshitting and being selling apostates (false Prophets).

The WTS personifies corrupt religious charlatanism.

Thats religious freedom in America baby

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

A recent Study says..... " or " A Scientist says "

OR JEHOVAH SAYS?????

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

truth_b_known, what book do you have in mind as the predecessor to the Creation book? Since you mention a Book Study around the year 1999 I think that by "Creation book" you mean the Creator book of 1998. Do you mean the predecessor to the Creator book (Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?)? Prior to the 1998 Creator book there was the 1985 Creation book (Life--How did it get here? By evolution or by creation?). That book was used in the Book Study. I think you mean that book as the predecessor book.

Prior to the 1985 Creation book there was the 1967 Evolution book (Did Man Get Here by Evolution or by Creation?). Prior to the 1967 Evolution book there was the 1950 booklet called "EVOLUTION VERSUS The NEW WORLD". For the booklet of 1950 see http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/booklets/evolution.html .

On what page or at least in which chapter did the predecessor book specifically attack critical thinking? I wish to read that section again.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Translation,;

Scientist= high school biology teacher

Bible scholar= Freddy Franz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit