Memorial Non-Attendance: The Single Most Impactful TTATT Witness to JW Friends & Family

by AMNESIANO 13 Replies latest jw friends

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799
    "Nothing blasts a louder, clearer, and more deliberate message to the JWs who personally knew you and to those familiar with your JW bona fides that you are not merely "not making the meetings," "inactive," or "spiritually-weak," but that there is a conscientious reason you have rejected the entire Watchtower Society life

Excellent point. I was exactly one of these:

once-prominent, highly-regarded, studious true-believer from a celebrated multi-generational tribe of JWs

Was getting very nervous about the upcoming memorial which I will miss for the first time. You have given me encouragement to follow through with my conviction not to go and compromise in that way. Thank you!

you squander your prize opportunity to nudge thinking ones to seriously ponder the possible reason for your shocking departure

Yep, hoping it will have that effect.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife and I ,our two sons and their wives have never attended a memmorial since 1993 or a congregation meeting either .

And none of us were ever DF

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have no desire to go, nor have I gone in well over 2 decades (wow, when I thought about it, it was weird how long its been-and I can still SMELL the KH.)

I don't have any stellar reputation at the KH and no one misses me anymore there but maybe my mom. . . but not really. I will never give them a number to count-for any of their statistics, unless it is the BILLIONS of householders who declare their lack of interest.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet
    This will be my first year of non attendance. For those in the congregation who knew me well, it will send the message that being missing from the meetings for the last few months is a conscious decision, one not taken lightly.
    So do I. when leaving the hall, I knew I would never come back, after more than 35 years in.

I was more and more feeling as a stranger... What a waste of time!

Maybe some still in will expect to meet me, but the decision was also "taken lightly". One thing I know for sure, is that I will NEVER be back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit