Will they Disfellowship me?

by Miss_MG 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

Can i be Disfellowshipped for celebrating Christmas after 30 years of being in the organisation... ???

Miss_MG

• berylblue
    berylblue

Miss MG..welcome.

It really depends on a lot of things. How will the elders find out?

If they find out, and you don't want to be DF, be "repentant" and tell them it was because you didn't spend enough time in field service (if that's true).

• blondie
    blondie

If they catch you doing it, there are 2 witnesses to it, and you are unrepentant in the elders opinion, yes.

(Welcome to the board)

Blondie

• laylaluv
    laylaluv

Only if they find out!! I celebrate x-mas every since my divorce 6 years ago. My children and I love it. Of, course I have been DF'd for a while anyway.

Gee, it was so nice to find out that Old Saint Nick wasn't from the devil after all. No demons possessed me or my children. lol

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You will find Princess's experience helpful.

Check here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/44212/1.ashx

Cheers, Ozzie

• berylblue
    berylblue

I should have said, "only if you're lucky".

• Undecided
    Undecided

My brother was DF'ed because he let his JW wife decorate for Christmas. It was the best thing that ever happened to him. I don'i know why his JW wife wanted to do this but I guess she was just tired of the JW life.

Ken P.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I decorated a christmas tree last year...My S/O loves christmas, and I was hesitent about it (still a little indoctrinated) but I decided he loves it, and there is nothing wrong with it, and well, I don't like anything religious but it is really a fun secular holiday in this day and age, so I though "why not?". I have a knack for interior design and I designed the tree decorations and we both decorated it. I got so many compliments from his friends and family, and I was told by several people that it was the most nicely decorated tree they had ever seen! Would I do it again? Hell yeah!

• minimus
    minimus

In the organization, ANYTHING is possible. Never say "never". Chances are, they probably don't even know what you look like after 30 years.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I guess we'll find out this year. Jennie wants a tree so we're going to do it, and Big Tex said, well, what if XXX and XXX come over? (They're our two Witness friends -- he's an elder, believe it or not.) I said, let's throw a blanket over their heads when they walk in the door and yell "Fire!"

I'll keep you posted . . . .

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit