WT-Closing In On 50 Subpoenas!

by Atlantis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

More subpoenas have been added. So the Watchtower is getting close to 50. I think there are about 44 of them listed here. Brumley the Witchhunter!

Scroll down the page for names.

Atlantis!
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

So this is good news Atlantis ? you cant lose ? or did I mis-read it ?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

smiddy3:

Wasn't sure what you meant, but it's not good news for the people who have been issued a subpoena.

This has been going on for some time now and the Watchtower just had a case with Facebook. I think the Watchtower won that case, so they will be going after all the other folks to.

The Watchtower just can't stand to have their dirty little secrets exposed to the world.

And yes, I'll buy the next round!

Atlantis!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’m by no means sticking up for watchtower, but I can kind of understand their point of view. I don’t think I would like somebody illegally taking info from me, and publishing it with out my consent.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

joe134cd:

I understand your point Joe and thanks for your reply!

Atlantis!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

'As regards Watch Tower’s Cease and Desist letters threatening damages long with attorney fees, it’s worth noting that their copyrights are not registered with the Copyright Office. We here at AvoidJW.org are confident that Watch Tower are not going to register their Shepherd the Flock of God book or their Branch Orgnization book. For them to do that, they’d have to give up their secrets. And if they do that, AvoidJW’s very reason for existing would end. Either way, we win.'

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It’s a law with no teeth.

The language over subpoenas is really problematic, and it’s usually a tool to threaten people and try to make settlements happen. However, it’s worth noting that there is no case law to support what happens if the likes of Facebook or Google ignore the subpoenas.

So do these subpoenas amount to idle threats by Watchtower?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Xanthippe:

Thanks for the update because it seems like certain details change quickly. Please keep us posted if you hear anything my friend!

Atlantis!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

JW GoneBad:

So do these subpoenas amount to idle threats by Watchtower?

Good question! I guess we will have to wait and see how everything turns out. I have noticed websites which have not been updated since early 2018, and I think this could be one of the reasons why.

Atlantis!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit