I gotta have a perfect K-Cup machine replacement

by FatFreek 2005 11 Replies latest jw friends

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Yes, my Keurig bit the dust after 14 years. I want one just like it but that models not available. It was only capable of a single cup, from 8 ounces to 12 ounces. It depended on how much water you put in the reservoir as to how much went through the K-cup.

In my case, and for Folgers Black Silk, 8.4 ounces (235 grams as measured by my kitchen scale) plus or minus a gram. Other types need different ounces. One off-brand and 205 grams makes an acceptable cup.

No, 8 ounces is too strong. 9 ounces is too weak.

Which is why I can't abide the automatic as it dispenses 8 or 10 or 12 ounces. I need infinite tween capability.

Oh, and it needs a sensor like my old Keurig. If I forget the water it doesn't work.

No, I don't want to get one at Walmart simply because I can take it back for a refund. That's not fair to Walmart -- and it's not fair to me if it doesn't meet my needs (unpackaging's always a hassle; then there's the clean cycle before you even use it; repackage and take back if it doesn't satisfy)

What do you use?

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Isn't there a Starbucks nearby?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Fat Freek: What do you use?

Instant. A steam kettle, a spoon and a cup - only equipment needed

Always fresh, no mess no fuss no waste and I can make it exactly the strength I want

• just fine
    just fine

DaVinci icoffee - it takes all kcups or comes with a refillable. Perfect every time.

• stillin
    stillin

I found that a burr grinder was a big improvement. I make it in a Techni Vorm coffeemaker. I'm pleased with the results. No burner, just a carafe.

yes, there are filters to deal with and the carafe, at least with mine, would probably cool a small amount of coffee like you're talking about,

• LV101
    LV101

Did you try the Keurig website - call or email them. I've ordered directly from them (gifts) but when mine go bump I run down to Bed, Bath & Beyond -- they are excellent re/returns, adjustments, etc. I'm not a 'return' type but know of others who appreciate their customer service -- kinda like Nordstroms' reputation.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

French press? The original Keurig.

• stillin
    stillin

You are right, exjwlemming. I just like having a pot full on the table on a laid-back weekend morning.

On the environmentally-conscious front, Kerrigan is terrible compared to biodegradable filters. But we weren't talking about that, were we?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Hamilton Beach Flexbrew. Now I’ve only had it for a year but it’s been fantastic! It does not hold water however so it needs to be filled for each use but you control the amount of water. Also has a pot option and strong brew for each the single serve and pot coffee.

https://m.samsclub.com/ip/hb-flexbrew-2-way-coffeemaker/prod21341578?xid=plp_product_1_1

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

That does it! All this talk about coffee has got me running for the coffee maker. Thanks you guys! I needed a mug full. I have got to try some of these suggestions!

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit