Sacred Geometry and the Tetragrammaton - Why YHWH is NOT a Name

by SanFranciscoJim 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    Fascinating. Was this an interactive seminar and did they have audience participation?

Ballistic - yeah, they popped in a DVD titled, "Naughty sluts"

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Hi Berten,

Those interested in sacred geometry should definitely check out Drunvalo Melchizedek's
    "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" (vols 1 & 2).
    Another great book is "A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe:
    Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Science" by Michael Schneider...

I'll definitely look into these. Several years ago, I met someone who personally knew Drunvalo Melchizedek. Can't remember the man's name -- he was quite elderly and very involved in metaphysics.

Have you ever heard of The Keys of Enoch by J.J. Hurtak? I've met Dr. Hurtak and find his works fascinating, although rather hard to follow. What was of particular fascination to me about "Keys" is that, according to a Mormon friend, it is the only book which Mormons are forbidden to own under penalty of excommunication. I'd like to know more about that, too, but haven't been able to find out anything on the net on the subject. I suppose I'll have to wait until the next batch of Mormon Junior Elders appears at my door.

Hi SpunkyChick,

Sounds like an intriguing theory. I've also become fascinated with metaphysics and some explainations of things. Keep me posted as to any further development to this theory.

I will most definitely keep you in mind if I hear more.

Hi Ballistic,

when the "male" and "female" are inserted into each other at 180° create what is commonly known as the "Star of David" in three dimensions

Fascinating. Was this an interactive seminar and did they have audience participation?

Yes there was audience participation. Everything was going well until they started pasting those blasted Hebrew letters all over us, and then things got out of hand.....LOL
  • mizpah
    mizpah

I tend to agree with SixofNine. The Bible was written mainly for the average person of limited education. But there has always seem to be a tendency down through history to make it a book of "hidden mystery" which only the true believers have the "key of understanding."

The Jews dissected and analyzed nearly every word in the Old Testament to produce their Talmud. It took their scholars and Rabbis to explain the meaning of it to their members. The Catholic church made it a forbidden book only accessable to priests and other leaders in the Church. Only they were "educated" enough to explain it to their members.

True, there are things hard to understand in the Bible. But it is mostly because we are removed from the authors and their times to have a fuller understanding of what was written.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    The physics professor I studied this subject with also professed that the Ark of the Covenant, by the nature of its description in the Bible, was a magnetic device of great power. He believes Moses stole this device when the Israelites were freed, which is why Pharaoh changed his mind and came after them. He believes Moses used this device to create the "Pillar of Fire" which held the Egyptians at bay, and again used the device to part the Sea. Stuff of legend?

Did he also mention that it was used in condensing the manna? Calling this type of imaginary manufacture legend is being extremely kind to it.

SS

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I must say I'm fascinated with the amount of negative emotions this thread has evoked from a variety of people. As a former JW, I admit to being a skeptic about the Bible's content myself, but at the same time am willing to explore alternative theories to its message, accounts, and purpose. The interpretations by religionists do not hold water with me, either, but at the same time, I find myself in a state of flux, wanting to believe in something. Just don't know what. This is why I keep an open mind to all possibilities, regardless of how unbelievable they may seem. There must be a reason the Bible has survived for two millenia. I may never find a satisfactory answer, but in the final analysis, I want to be able to at least say I tried, rather than abandoning all possibilities, because of a resentment I had against one particular religion that proved wrong.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    There must be a reason the Bible has survived for two millenia.

On a big scale, govts like rome (the empire) adopted christianity and it's book and used it as an additional police force. Many govts have continued to favor christianity among it's populace for ther same reason, a mass control device.

I know several intelligent people who have left the wt, who spent over 50 yrs there. They continue to love the bible, and continue to love studying it. After a lifetime of study, they still have not arrived at a settled understanding of it. Maybe that is one reason why they keep on. Maybe that final understanding is a treasure which they hope to find, but never do. Yet they are convinced that "treasure" exists.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

One 'sacred geometry' was the archatecture that the templars brought back from the arabs. Templars brought about a construction boom right across europe based on this. Thus resulted hundreds (thousands?) beautiful gothic churches, many of which still remain a thousand yrs later. The templars also broke the back of the dark ages, which reigned, at the time.

SS

• mizpah
    mizpah

SS:

I question your theory that the Bible was used as a device to police and control people. The fact is that the Catholic church made the production and reading of the Bible a capital offense. It kept it as a "forbidden book" for generations only to be read and used by the clergy of the church. Finally, when courageous men like Wycliff and Tyndale along with others produced and distributed the Bible in the vernacular people saw just how unscriptural the Church was and threw off its yoke of slavery.

The Bible was actually a book of liberation and freedom. It was the institution of the church that policed and oppressed the people.

• mizpah
    mizpah

SFJ:

I guess the Bible writer was not aware of "sacred geometry" when he recorded Exodus 315:

"God also said to Moses, 'Say to the Israelites, "The LORD (YHWH), the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob - has sent me to you. This is my NAME forever, the NAME by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.' "

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I guess the Bible writer was not aware of "sacred geometry" when he recorded Exodus 315:

"God also said to Moses, 'Say to the Israelites, "The LORD (YHWH), the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob - has sent me to you. This is my NAME forever, the NAME by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.' "

I looked up this passage in my Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and found the following definitions for the word "name" (two different usages) in that passage:

"This is my NAME (Strong's 8034) forever"

8034 shem (pron. "shame")
    a primitive word (perhaps
    rather from 7760 through the
    idea of definite and
    conspicuous position; compare
    8064); an appellation, as a
    mark or memorial of
    individuality; by implication
    honor, authority, character:-
    -+ base, (in-)fame(-ous),
    named(-d), renown, report.

~ and ~

"the NAME (Strong's 2143) by which I am to be remembered"

2143 zeker (pron. "zay'-ker")

or zeker {zeh'-ker}; from
    2142; a memento, abstr.
    recollection (rarely if
    ever); by implication,
    commemoration:--memorial,
    memory, remembrance, scent.

The implication here is that God gave himself a "mark of individuality" by naming himself to Moses. Considering the usage of Strong's 8034 throughout the scriptures, this is likely true. In some usages, however, Strong's 8034 has an abstract quality (i.e.: "in the NAME of the Lord", etc.)

In any event, Strong's 8034 is meant as a means of identification, a remembrance (as per Strong's 2143 used in the same passage).

Your observation is scripturally valid. However, as SaintSatan noted:

I know several intelligent people who have left the wt, who spent over 50 yrs there. They continue to love the bible, and continue to love studying it. After a lifetime of study, they still have not arrived at a settled understanding of it.

Metaphysicians would argue that Strong's 8034 was used in the abstract sense in the above passage. They would say that giving God a name as a means of identification which contained the mathematical code for the essence of the universe was only appropriate.

The fact is, we will never know this as fact, unless God himself reveals it to us.....and with so many skeptics and disbelievers among us, I wonder who would even believe it then? The age of unexplained "miracles" has long since vanished. It's just that there are so many people out there who wish God would reveal himself again by miraculous means. Perhaps this is why the JWs look forward to Armageddon with such great passion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit