Latest Watchtower tells THE TRUTH!!

by BoogerMan 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The sheeple have always been indoctrinated to think of themselves as witnesses for JEHOVAH.

But the 8m followers of the JW Governing Body are now told a Biblical truth - that they are witnesses for JESUS!

December 2022 Study Watchtower, p.21, par. 17 = "One of the primary reasons why Satan wages war against God’s people is that they “have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.” (Rev. 12:17)

A few years ago, a zealous JW went ballistic when I told him that not one scripture tells Christians to witness for Jehovah, while more than two dozen prove they are to be witnesses of Christ. The truth hurts.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What do JWs bear witness to concerning Jesus? That Jehovah will save obedient mankind by means of Jesus. That is the meaning of the name Jesus = Jehovah saves. To bear witness concerning Jesus is to witness to Jehovah and him saving mankind. Jesus himself is called the faithful and true witness. Acts says that Jehovah would gather a people from the nations, “called by my name”. Why don’t churches of Christendom point out that the name Jesus means “Jehovah saves” or call themselves by God’s unique personal name as stated in Acts?

Acts 15:14–18 Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written: ‘After these things I will return and raise up again the tent of David that is fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins and restore it, so that the men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things, known from of old.’

Rev 3:14 “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God

Matt 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

December 2022 Study Watchtower, p.21, par. 17 = "One of the primary reasons why Satan wages war against God’s people is that they “have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.” (Rev. 12:17)

At last Watchtower is getting it right. It won't be long before the GB will fulfill scripture....that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Jehovah. Mark my words.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Watchtower and truth are not 2 words I associate with each other.

When will they become Jesus' Witnesses? Probably never.

I wonder how they'll retract this?

I'm not going to read their utter garbage of this article because I'd sooner gnaw my knees off.

• Ding
    Ding

Their "witness" is that Jesus is an archangel who picked them to run everything for him.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Jesus said "you will be witnesses of me....

The father bears witness to the son.

If we don't bear witness to the son we are not Christians. The correct term for jw's should then be Jehovahians!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I am guessing that no other translation outside of the NWT uses the name Jehovah in Acts 15...the rest typically refer to Lord or God.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ SBF - I prefer to reason on different Bibles, rather than the NWT.

Ignoring the 28 scriptures about witnessing for Jesus is disingenuous. Two of them even say that the holy spirit and God bore witness for him.The NIV expresses your quoted scriptures far better:

Acts 15:14 - Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his [Jesus'] name from the Gentiles. (Acts 11:26 - The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch) NIV

Acts 15:17 - that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, [Jesus] even all the Gentiles who bear my name, [Christians] says the Lord, [Jesus] NIV

Matthew 1:21 - She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he [Jesus] will save his people [Christians] from their sins.”

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

There was a time when they called themselves Jehovah`s Christian witnesses isn`t that so ?

But I do agree they should be emphasizing Jesus name and not Jehovah`s ,that`s not to take place until the thousand years of Christ `s reign ends and he hands everything back to the father Jehovah.

• jhine
    jhine

The word Jehovah does not appear in the New Testament .

The WT inserted it to support their teaching .

The Churches of Christendom preach the Trinity so equating Jesus with Jehovah.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit