Did ANYBODY Here Believe The Witnesses Were The One True Religion?

by minimus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised believing i was very fortunate knowing I had the Truth. I was groomed to be an elder. I figured if Mother said something, even if I couldn’t totally understand it, it was correct because Mother knows best. I always had a fascination of the early history of the Watchtower and convinced myself that the light did indeed get brighter and brighter! But way in the back of my head I started to question things. After reading Ray Franz’ books I couldn’t ignore it much longer.

Did you believe that we really had the Truth or were you always questioning??

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i just accepted it as fact--it must be the true religion because we ( parents + me ) were in it. But that was when i was just a know it all kid.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I remember thinking it was weird I was born in to the "only true religion"....seemed suspicious...

• waton
    waton

wt's bible agenda fitted the mood at the times, cold war . 40. 50s. other details did not interest me at the time, but time tells, and by the time of the "superior authorities" revelations, my trust, confidence, conviction about wt was a washout.

• johnamos
    johnamos

For a name of minimus, you seem to start the most topics. I think you start a new one every 6 minutes...maybe change your name to maximus. :)

Anyway, to your topic... for anyone that did think that JW's were the so-called One True Religion...if you no longer think that, why is that? The One True Religion...or God's people are said to have stupid prophets, that are visioning untruth and that are divining a lie, in the intimate group of God's people.

The lies/untruth that these stupid prophets speak they claim it is the utterance of Jehovah by means of HIS organization. The main lie that they teach is that Jehovah has already set matters straight with his people claiming “There is peace!”

In order to keep the lie of 'peace' already between God and his people they have to keep telling more and more lies which Jehovah as likened to a partition wall that has to keep being plastered with whitewash to keep it intact.

1914 and the return of Jesus is needed to support that they were judged in 1918 and appointed as the slave in 1919. And of course they need 607 to arrive at 1914 and so on with all the other lies to support such, but it ALL comes down to 1919 and claiming that there is peace since then.

Ezekiel 13:1-16

• johnamos
    johnamos

Saw this statement on another topic from a day ago from Rocketman123:

In a attempt to whitewash over its past, the GB heads today are creating new lies to cover over the organization's past lies.

It's a little eerie how accurate that statement is giving the fact that it was not said with Ezekiel 13:1-16 in mind.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I was a convert in 1960 and I certainly beleived JW`s were the only true religion.

How gullible was I !

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was born in, and believed that JWism was broadly "the truth", after all that phrase, "the truth", was used more than any other, in Meetings and JW conversation.

But I was always questioning, when I was about 9 I read a new explanation of the book of Daniel by the org, called " Thy Will be Done" I think, it differed from what I had read in the old Books by Rutherford. At that young age I was a voracious Reader, and our house only had a few Novels etc in it, most were JW Books. I was one of the few youngsters who actually read the stuff !

I asked my father about the change in interpretation, and he gave me a curt and unsatisfactory reply, so I didn't question him further. But from then on I questioned the "Society's" interpretation of Scripture, but still believed the basics.

After I finally woke up fully and left, an Elder said to me " But you were never a 100% J.W ", this was to justify in his mind my failure to swallow the bullshit and hence leaving, and he perceived it too as a slight reprimand, I just took it as a compliment !

I still fail to comprehend how it took me so very long to fully wake up, but the Mind Control of phrases like "the truth", the constant referring to the Bible as " God's word" and so on, is very strong, I thank the Internet and the people on it for helping me wake up !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Minny -
    Did ANYBODY Here Believe The Witnesses Were The One True Religion?

Yes. at the time. I was born in and brainwashed from birth.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I cannot answer in a straight yes or no fashion. I did believe in Jehovah, in the Bible, and the doctrine. I did not believe in the Watchtower of the organization. I fully believed that when the Great Tribulation began that governments of the world would seize all the Watchtower assets. No more Bethel, Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, or Watchtower corporation. I believed those who were true worshippers of Jehovah would continue worshipping like the 1st century congregation.

I don't know if that answers the question well enough. I hope it helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit