4 Dirty Psychological "Tricks" Used by Bad Leaders

by onightdivine 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Actigall Ur
    Actigall Ur

Very good!

Now with that in mind, here are the key factors of a cult- sound familiar?

What is a cult?

1. Generally, it is a group that is unorthodox, esoteric, and has a devotion to a person, object, or a set of new ideas.
      1. New Teaching - has a new theology and doctrine.
      2. Only True Teaching - often considers traditional religious systems to be apostate and it alone possesses the complete truth.
      3. Strong Leadership - often an individual or small but powerful leadership group holds control of the group’s teachings and practices.
      4. Asset Acquirement - often requires tithing and/or property transfer to the religious system.
      5. Isolationist - to facilitate control over the members physically, intellectually, financially, and emotionally.
      6. Controlling - exercises control over the members. Sometimes this is through fear, threatening loss of salvation if you leave the group. Sometimes through indoctrination.
      7. Indoctrination - possesses methods to reinforce the cult’s beliefs and standards where opposing views are ridiculed and often misrepresented.
      8. Apocalyptic - to give the members a future focus and philosophical purpose in avoiding the apocalypse or being delivered through it.
      9. Experience - various practices including meditation, repetition of words and/or phrases, and ‘spiritual’ enlightenment with God are used as confirmation of their truth.
        1. Depravation - sleep and food deprivation which weakens the will of the subject.
        2. This is uncommon, though practiced by more severe cults.
      10. Persecution - predictions of being persecuted, often combined with claiming any opposing views demonstrated against them as a form of persecution.
  • onightdivine
    onightdivine

The word "cult" itself leads most deep believers to cover their ears and scram. I truly hope they notice just even 1 of the tricks or lies being used by the GB to control their lives.

And I just want to share that the God I knew and loved before I became a JW was more kind and loving than the God the GB has been portraying all these years.

• mommyfirstandalways
    mommyfirstandalways
    I wish I could share this with my loved ones....but for now I'm thankful to spare me and my kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit