Sacrifices - choices

by donkey 40 Replies latest jw friends

• smack
    smack

Stinky, you'de use insecticide on a murderer?????

Cruel bitch

Steve

• teejay
    teejay
    I would most likely do it, especially if I somehow knew

And therein lies the rub.

tj ~ who really does understand the question

• invictus
    invictus

I remember watching years ago russian movie about WWII i think it was transleted as"Run and Look" or something like that and it was from perestroyka time when changes started to happen in Russia,so the movies were less political propaganda. It was very dark and tragic movie about ordinary people suffering from german invasion and in one scene the main character who himself suffered imensly was standing and at his feet in a mud was laying a picture of Hitler in his regular pose - in uniform with his arm outstretched in a salute. now this young man took the rifle and fired at a picture and every time he fired picture would change to a younger and younger Hitler until it was a picture of a baby in mothers arm. At this point young man with bloody and teary face stopped firing- he could not kill a baby.

that scene always made me think because I come from Balkans were my family and ancestors suffered tremendeously during WWI, WWII and also civil war in Yugoslavia that lasted almost 8 years, and when I listened to the stories of survivors, I felt my blood boil and urge for revenge but that revenge was always aimed at addults who actually commited the crime.

evil in one man can flourish only when the rest of us keep silent.

invictus

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

definately NO and NO

to even think of killing a child........... is the worst kind of thing imagineable. those who abuse children or who molest them and most ( and i think i could safely say every single one of us) would agree that there punishments should be some of the most severe ever to be imagined. why? because a child is innocent and anyone who harms a child is in my personal worst kind of persons category. so to think of killing a five year old child............ no matter who he would have developed into........... is a horror i dont even wanna contemplate. i would rather show up at there door step and talk them into letting me move in with them and try to help raise him to be a better man by teaching him to have good morals and to do unto others as he wants them to do to him or other good things to help him be a more compashionate person.

then if he still became the monster we all know and hate.............. a bullet when he had firmly planted his feet on the pathway is an entirely different story............ tho you can still never tell if someone even worse can step into the void his death would leave.

i do hate to loose endangered species................. but i still view humans as far superior to the lesser animals so no way. in fact there are some species that id like to become extinct................... ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, fire ants lol and i tend to do my part in exterminateing them lol. but this has just been my 2 cents worth

• donkey
    donkey
    The tiger, one of the world?s most beautiful animals, faces extinction today. In this century alone, three sub species of tigers have been driven to extinction. Current estimates put atleast one Tiger is poached everyday in the wild. There are only 50 Siberian tigers left. (only 20 of them in the wild). The primary threat to the tiger is the poaching of it?s bones for Chinese medicines.

I would gladly sacrifice some(or all) Chinese doctors (AKA kooks) to save the tigers.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Hey Donk, I hope yer kiddin'.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I would kidnap him and raise him right.

• donkey
    donkey
    Hey Donk, I hope yer kiddin'.

Why? What rationale do you have for hoping I am kidding? I realize my point is controversial...but apostate points were controversial to you too at one stage. Then you thought of REASONS why the dubs were wrong. We should always be seeking REASONS for everything...I am asking you for reasons why you don't like what I have written. Obviously it is a free world and you are not compelled to respond - but an emotionally based response is not the answer. Trying to make me see things emotionally is not the answer either. Donkey - the dense ass

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I would kidnap him and raise him right.

Nilfun is always such a shining example of kind reason and logic.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    If you could travel back in time and ended up in Germany where Hitler was a 5 year old child and you had the opportunity to strangle him to death with your bare hands....would you do it?

This question reminded me of a 1963 episode of the television show "The Outer Limits" entitled The Man Who Was Never Born, starring Martin Landau and Shirley Knight. In the episode, Martin Landau is a man from the 22nd century living in a miserable world where the few remaining survivors of the human race are all grotesque mutations, caused by a scientist in the 20th century who released a virus which decimated mankind. He finds a way to travel back in time, with the intention of killing the man, but he travels back too far and arrives at a time before the scientist is born. He meets the mother of the scientist and falls in love with her, taking her into the future before she can mate with the scientist's father. The story ends when he disappears into nonexistence, as the future they created was one into which he was never born, leaving her stranded in outer space.

If I had the foreknowledge of an evil to be released upon the earth, I would somehow try to prevent the birth of the child, even if it meant sacrificing my own life in the process.

If an animal species could be saved from extinction by killing one human - would you do it?
    I would not even suppose to place myself in the position of playing God in an effort to try and save a doomed species. If I were to try and save one species, I would feel a responsibility to save them all. This would include rats and cockroaches. Extinction, IMHO, is a part of the natural evolution of all species on earth. If it were not, we would still have the dinosaurs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit