Churches

by DJ 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJ
    DJ

I haven't been around in a while, so a big Hello to all..... I just wanted to drop this link here because I know that some here are confused as I was about all of the different denominations. I have found a church that is biblical in all ways and extremely loving, non judgmental and very different. They have worship music that is spirit filled and much love is obvious. Just dedicated in Christ and uplifting people. I have checked them out with a fine tooth comb because of being so misled before. I am posting this not for those of you who are not looking for a church but for those who are and could use a helping hand from someone who has searched for 7 years since leaving the wt nightmare. Just click on the link and find your state to see where one is located near you. They are all over the USA and in other parts of the world as well. If you are out of USA, click on the international button. Please don't leave any negative feed back. Like I said, i just thought someone might be interested. Love, dj

www.calvarychapel.com/affiliates

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Might be just what I need. I am sick of being cheeses and wouldn't becoming a pasta.

cheeses - who really should get outside and do some gardening.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Calvary Chapel is popular here in Southern California. I clicked on their website... pretty cool. Every location has their own link with info on their beliefs and services. Looks like they have a lot to offer. I'll check it out. Thanks.

• bebu
    bebu

I have never attended this denomination, but I have known some truly impressive people who do, so I think you will be in good company.

I've learned that it's very nice to be part of a local church, but I've never been a flag-waving denominationalist of any sort. I'm not paranoid, but it's just that there's ALWAYS some point of disagreement. It's just realistic! Fortunately, it's always been peripheral stuff. The great majority of Protestant denominations work together all the time, and oftentimes Catholics and Protestants work together.

You can find churches in the same denomination that are just "clubs" and others that are awesome--the love is palpable. I like churches that have a great cross-section of society, not just one sub-group. (But churches that minister to particular groups can be fantastic.) They are challenging, but in a good way.

Thanks, DJ! And glad to see you here again!! I missed ya.

bebu

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It sounds very interesting.

But do they have the one towel rule at assemblies ?

***** Rub a Dub

• mizpah
    mizpah

DJ:

I'm happy for you that you have found another group that offers spiritual comfort. But always remember to focus in on God and Christ rather than the human organization. Too many have been "twiced burned" by seeking another religious organization to replace the disappointment and failure of the Watchtower Society only to find that human imperfections are found in every organization.

• DJ
    DJ

Mizpah.....Hi! Thanks for the advice. I do heed it. I agree with you.

Bebu....HI! The one thing about these churches is that they oppose (not condemn) the idea of "denominations" within Christianity. They prefer that they would focus on what unites them (Christ) and let the small things not become things that divide. I agree with that and I also noted that Paul spoke about some people having slightly different convictions than others but they didn't divide over it, instead they were admonished to be conscious not to stumble a brother. In these churches, they are simply called "Christians" no other name is needed imo. The people I have met are walking the walk not just talking the talk which is very important to me. I know that there is no perfect church...lol...I left that mentality a while back after many bitter dissapointments. I have seen evidence of much fruit bearing in love and I guess that is what impressed me the most. They are not trying to earn anything yet they are walking in love because they have been changed from the inside. I have been changed too, and am so thrilled to find others who are like me in Christ.

Double Edge.....HI! You are very welcome. I hope that you enjoy their fellowship as much as I do. Oh yea.........and you don't have to get dressed up...lol....just bring your heart.

Rub a dub.......HI! Uh, I dunno but if I hear of it, you can count on me running....

Cheeses....HI! Gardening always clears my head and makes me stop thinking about food too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit