There is no 1900 year old faithful and discreet slave

by Longlivetherenegades 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ peacefulpete

the changes are used to manipulate, deceive and control especially when the change is uncalled for or not needed in the first place.

No one asked them to go the way of types and antitpyes. Changing it is of no benefit to anyone when they revert back to status quo.

For example, I was in a public talk when the speaker while delivering the talk used Faithful and discreet slave class.

After the concluding the talk by the speaker, the chairman for the day climb the platform and corrected the speaker use of faithful and discreet slave class instead of just faithful and discreet slave.

I was just laughing within, it is not the speakers fault both faithful and discreet slave class and faithful and discreet slave are construct of men changing what is not to be changed to advance lies, manipulations and control. The change is of no use or importance from the start.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@Rattigan350 said stop worrying about the faithful slave

That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel.

Attached to the words above is.....

Matthew 4:4 says the words of faithful slave are the utterance of Jehovah

John 17:3 says the knowledge faithful and discreet slave gives you means everlasting life and you say people should not worry about the faithful slave 😂🤣😂🤣😂

• ukpimo
    ukpimo

The problem with the FDS doctrine is that directly after the Faithful and Discreet Slave is mentioned, other parables, such as the 10 virgins and the illustration about the workers and their Talents are viewed as lessons by Watchtower, when the Faithful Slave should really be viewed not as a prophecy but simply as an illustration. The stupidity of this proves true when we read that half hearted explanation on how the part mentioning "if ever that evil slave" now means a warning to the Faithful Slave which should not be taken as a prediction the FDS will turn evil. Utter rubbish.

Watchtower tends to cherrypick Bible verses, and the FDS probably is only to be used in reference to family heads in the largely patriarchal approach Christianity takes.

The Governing Body don't need a Scripture to validate their position. History proves that prophets, although supposedly Divinley appointed, were clearly democratically chosen as such.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

LongLive...I completely agree. My comment was just in response to the implication that religion that changes offers nothing to believe in. As I see it, beliefs should change with increasing understanding of the world and human nature.

In my mind, the ideal religion focuses upon basic human needs, a healthy society, a healthy world. It's probably a mute point in this WT case as the 'beliefs' are all just trivial twists on people-hating sectarian apocalypticism. That's what I meant by the one really meaningful change would be its extent and method of controlling people's lives. Part of that would be ending the isolation producing contempt for society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit