How Is The Governing Body Viewed Today By Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Cognitive dissonance

When people holds two beliefs that contradict one another.

The continued selling of kingdom halls yet a continued expansion.

Keep on begging for money when Russell said if we have to beg for money no longer have god's blessings.

The child abuse scandals and the two witness rule.

The danger of the internet yet know use it for almost everything.

So people see one thing but still feel that they should trust the governing body.

• minimus
    minimus

Who’s Russell? The average JW would view any Russell comment as meaningless

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is the GB still viewed as almost infallible or have today’s Witnesses seen through the charade??

Most see them as almost infallible, that's why they are faithfully loyal to them as they are .

They see them live on video now so that builds up more glorifying praise than ever before.

Call it a case of delusional idiots following corrupt delusional idiots.

• minimus
    minimus

Are they REALLY SO LOYAL??? I don’t think when push comes to shove the majority will believe hook line and sinker everything the GB says.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe not Min but they wouldn't openly say so in front of another JWS, when your in a cult like this the members are well aware what could happen if they did.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I am a long time “fader” and cannot know for certain how the GB is viewed by JWs in general.

Although, some years back when I spoke to an old acquaintance they mentioned they didn’t care for a certain guy who makes all those facial gestures and talks down to everybody like they were little children.

Back when I started my “fade” the GB were mostly unknown except for their names and them giving talks at district conventions. Now, with their public broadcasts and scandals about expensive liquor purchases and TV programs about the religion’s massive problem about child sexual abuse, my opinion is low.

I would really like to know what certain JWs say behind closed doors to their spouses about this. We all know those are the only persons a JW could confide in about their doubts. Anybody else would rat them out.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I spoke to an old acquaintance they mentioned they didn’t care for a certain guy who makes all those facial gestures

By and large I think there were always revered, even worshipped. After all, they had the one and only direct connection to God. And while that attitude hasn't changed entirely, I do think the GB putting themselves out on JW/TV has cost them a little of there omnipotence. Old "Rubber Face" is seen as pretty weird by a lot of the R&F. They are more "human". Which in one way makes them maybe "more approachable" -- more "normal". On the other hand, mere humans are imperfect. And when they are seen as mere humans, their God-like status is greatly reduced.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

Yes, the GB no longer have the holy mystique they had when they were more anonymous.

But, even when I was an active JW I never really swallowed any nonsense about them having any ‘special communication with God’ or whatever weasel words used.. When you really think about it somebody having communication with God would really be SOME event wouldn’t it?..If anybody really communicated with the Creator, I want to shake that person’s hand!
  • minimus
    minimus

Back in the day the GB was a non entity. They only got recognition when the elder arrangement came into being and they had a diagram starting with who is in charge from Jehovah God to Jesus Christ then to the Governing Body and then to the Elders

• carla
    carla

I still don't get how my jw used to see televangelist and complain, laugh at them and get all hot and bothered by their mere existence and now will happily do precisely the same thing folks watching the 700 club do (or whoever is the big name in televangelism today). Only worse, he, being a true believer will hand over his head, heart and very life to this insidious cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit