Has anyone noticed how Tony Morris is always referring to his notes ?

by Chook 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Or Morris could be simply modelling how ALL brothers need to read strictly from their notes and never comment "extemporaneously" - deviating not one jot from what the GB has approved. 😉

• waton
    waton
    what the GB has approved S2:

no, what the brains in wt have approved and/or redlined as things not to say. Wt doctrinal lines have to be very carefully managed, double checked. Even David Splane's remarks saying "we loved this idea" showed the idea was not originating necessarily with the composite seven f&d slave[s].

David Splane would be losing his GB position if he would be allowed to let loose on his spiritual flights of fancy. so: use your theocratic ministry training stick to your notes, but keep audience contact Tony, Dave & all. The notes that are provided or double checked by the controllers.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Jist parrots, all 7.

• steve2
    steve2

Who's a pretty boy then?

I am.

No I am.

Wrong, I am.

You're all wrong - I read from notes - so I am the pretty boy. 🗯📢

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

The WTS should have kept these "buffoons" in their ivory tower, rarely seen and rarely heard. In the 80's and early 90's, these men were like Oz, the man behind the curtain. They were held in awe and high esteem. Once they came out of the woodwork, many were disappointed in their speaking skills and intelligence. Their facial expressions, mannerisms, thoughts, and speech exhibit serious character flaws that don't make them any more special than the common JW. These leaders are suppose to inspire and lead by example. The fumble over doctrine and make excuses for "apostate lies." You could replace any of them in the monthly broadcast with a Jim Henson puppet and the rank and file would still fall in line. They will continue to read from the script and spoon feed the propaganda to the masses. Once younger ones come aboard the GB, the current leaders will be put in bethel hospice to serve the last part of their life in silence. The JWs will forget about them until an article appears that "so and so" finished his earthly course.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

He mumbles and rambles when he speaks. He's very difficult to understand.

• Listener
    Listener

I always thought it was the aim of the speaker to give a talk without highly scripted notes, just an outline. These guys have had years of experience and either can't do it or cannot speak without themselves being under the limitations and control of dogmatic teachings.

They are simply proving themselves to be like actors in a scripted performance.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Outlaw - "Now we know... At least one of those WBT$ GB morons can read."

Damn, you beat me to it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Listener - "They are simply proving themselves to be like actors in a scripted performance."

Yup.

I've been saying for a while that JW Broadcasting is probably the best thing to happen to both the GB and the XJW community.

They've found their true calling... as TV personalities, i.e. televangelists...

...and XJWs who've been saying that they're no different than televangelists have been proven right all along.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit