10 years on this forum. 10 Years. Wow. This makes me look back on my life and I can gladly say that I haven’t stayed idle. A whole lot has happened in my life since then. Most important of all: I have been able to set myself free from false teachings, from blatant lack of love and constant judgement.
- When I give to a charity, I no longer condemn myself thinking I gave to Satan’s world.
- I no longer fear I may contribute to delaying Armageddon by recycling.
- When I help my neighbor, I don’t do it in order to push my ideas on people.
- When I see none-Jehovah’s Witnesses do good, I no longer try to find why, deep down, they are actually wicked and deserve annihilation.
- I no longer use absurdly flawed logic to dismiss scientific facts conflicting with my beliefs.
- As I no longer take the bible literally, I’m relieved from the fear of a God who could have given a slow and painful death to the baby of King David for the sins of his parents.
- I know that I can be good without being told to be so, several times a week.
- I see people from all over the world as they are: People doing their best with what they have.
- I understand that the ultimate sin is not sex. Hypocrisy, lying, a cold heart are actually worst.
- I see that “God so loved the world that he gave his only Son” does not make sense if, in the end, he destroys the majority of it (99.99%).
- I no longer use double talks to express my beliefs.
- I have time for my family as I never did before.
- I fulfill myself in other regular activities without the nagging guilt that I should pioneer instead.
Though I could add even more to this list, I simply wanted to get the following across: I have changed a whole lot over the last 10 years and this site has played a big part in this. So, thank you Simon and thanks to everyone making regular comments as regularly keep an eye on this site.