Prog rock

by Fadeaway1962 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Going to see this year

Nick mason's saucerful of secrets.

Steve Hackett seconds out

Jethro tull the prog years (last time saw them live broadsword tour )

Never got to see pink Floyd or Genesis live

What about yourselfs?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Just the moody blues and emerson, lake and palmer. Both great shows. Still Totally ADD

• cofty
    cofty

A Trick of The Tail is still one of the best albums ever. Saw Genesis live at the Highland Showground in Edinburgh back in the mid 80s. Awesome!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Genesis, Moodys, Peter Gabriel & ELO (lol)

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Went to see Jethro tull at Edinburgh playhouse early 80s

Crofty were probably from the same generation or at least overlapping

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Ian Anderson! Genius extraordinaire!

One of the truly greats of music who went under rated . Yu gotta be “Thick As A Brick” not to like what he produced! Music with a “locomotive breath”!

• cofty
    cofty

Yes I'm guessing your username includes your birth year? If so then I am a year younger. My family were quite strict bit fortunately I got to go to concerts at Edinburgh Playhouse and Glasgow Apollo.

No smartphones so you had to look for concert adverts in the NME and local papers and then go to the box office!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I saw Jethro Tull back in the day..., perhaps late 60's early 70s...good stuff !

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Crofty did you ever go to the barn dancing arranged by bishop Briggs/kirkintilloch Cong's were more people turned up that were invited though the JW grapevine.

Used to see bands at queen's hall Edinburgh and the pavilion Glasgow , John Martin

• cofty
    cofty

Hi John. No I never got an invite to those. Went to a few house parties though. I was in Coatbridge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit