Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-12-03 WT Study

by blondie 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• happy man
    happy man

Dont do like this blondie, I am much too good loking fore you, sorry babe, better luck next time !!!!!!!!!!!!1

• blondie
    blondie

I'm no dear abby (marriage counselor),

Does she want the marriage to continue, does he?

Trust is important in any good relationship. Can trust be rebuilt?

My comments this week say that we should be sure that when we are putting our confidence in God, that we aren't being tricked into following humans instead.

As your friend found out, humans will disappoint us even if they say they follow Bible principles. It takes more than putting a label like Jehovah's Witness on a person to make them trustworthy.

Blondie

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay
    Once again where is Jesus is these equations?

I think I found him lurking once in paragraph 8, but the question for that paragraph is really about Ecclesiastes 9:11...

Our lessons and studies could just as easily throw the New Testament and the words of Christ away.

After all, we are told that the New Testament was written for "the anointed" anyway and that most if not all of it applies to them.

So obviously we lowly "other sheep" are no concern of the New Testament or of Christ.

I guess we need another Bible to be written for us, and another Savior?

Oh, that's right...the Organization is our Savior!!! How could I ever forget???

• blondie
    blondie

Hi OHD, yes, it is amazing how the WTS is stuck in the Jewish system that Jesus did away with. Would it have been too hard to find a Christian who had confidence in God?

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

It's Saturday morning. Time to get tomorrow's WT out and highlighted.

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

No mention of Jesus??? 1991Greatest Man book concludes:"Clearly,Jesus ( Not the WT.Society,not the Organization ) has played,and will ( CONTINUE ) to play,a vital role in accomplishing God's glorious purposes.

Since then 1991after the Greatest Man book,this statement about Jesus and only Jesus as the ONE ( Not the Organization,not the Society ) by which 'ALONE' we may gain life,has been pushed further and further into the background,while the Organization has replaced Jesus.

This current Watchtower study article has proven this once again, as you so aptly brought to our attention,thanks again Blondie.

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

Blueblades, the Greatest Man book is the only book I felt was worthwhile. I did not mind studying it 3 times. But the points in writing did not get applied in the congregation. I have been surprised how little Jesus figures in recent articles. The OT examples dominate. The love of the Christ has no place in the WTS. It will be interesting to see how this trend develops.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

ummm----who's Jesus? And how do you pronounce that name?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Blondie,we had the bookstudy in our home and I was the one who conducted the Greatest Man book.When I did this I elevated Jesus above everyone else including the Society.

The friends,even bethelites,elders included, who attended our bookstudy would say that they felt like they didn't even study the chapters after I got through with the lesson for the evening.

I never let their compliments make me big - headed,because I knew back then that Jesus is the ONE who should be the one whom we should all FOCUS on, not the WT.Society or other men.

Blueblades. btw,I'm not a pirate,the name has to do with a razor blade company.

• blondie
    blondie

I still know because I don't go to the KH any more, minimus. I used to always have a "Jesus" answer at the meeting, applying something Jesus said and did. How could you be a "Christian" if you never talked about him?

How's mrs. min? My hubbie and I think and you and hope for an easy fade.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit