Was kidnap victim Sherri Papini a JW?

by NikL 14 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Sherri Papini is that woman kidnapped in California and released on Thanksgiving day making the news right now.

During one of the reports this morning on the Today Show there was a quick scene of an investigation going on at a Kingdom Hall. there was crime tape up and everything. Credit goes to my wife for catching it.

I just wondered why the Kingdom Hall was a crime scene when she was abducted and released somewhere else?
    Anybody else catch this?

• sir82
    sir82

I don't know the answer to your question, but....

Is it just me, or does it seem that the weirder the crime, the more likely it is that there is a JW connection?

• sparky1
    sparky1

Yes, NikL..........I caught the same thing and wondered myself if she had any connection with the Witnesses. Right in the background during the report was the hideous JW.ORG sign on a Kingdom Hall.

• blondie
    blondie

It was a nearby building, the KH (church). Just coincidence, could have been a gas station.

"After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

• NikL
    NikL

Thanks Blondie. I know someone out there would know.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

A while back there was a break in to a house next door to our KH. The police came with 5 min to the start of the midweek meeting to see if the cameras from the hall may have caught a glimpse of the perpetrators. The elders dropped everything and began retrieving videos with this exaggerated sense of duty in their faces.

Is funny how they are so ready to help find faults on others by whatever means necessary. A single sided sense of justice.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    StarTrekAngel

A while back there was a break in to a house next door to our KH. The police came with 5 min to the start of the midweek meeting to see if the cameras from the hall may have caught a glimpse of the perpetrators. The elders dropped everything and began retrieving videos with this exaggerated sense of duty in their faces.

I imagine they would be just as eager if the police were seeking video of a child molestation at the KH. Maybe not. Probably tell the police we have to call New York for direction.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

I haven't heard any reference of her being a JW. Her step-father [I think, not exact on relationship] was a really big time business man in the area who went bankrupt, who had no connection with the JW's. So even though the 'iron curtain" of JW shunning surrounds me, I would of heard something.

Bill Covert Redding Ca.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

. . .she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there,. . .

Dang those lazy JW's. They should have been at the KH for some pretense. Just think of the missed opportunity to give her an newer Awake mag about "How To Harness Your Habits."

• raven
    raven

This story gets weirder and weirder each day... Am I not the only one who thinks something seems terribly off? I had read that she had also faked an abduction back in 2006.. Just seems as though an abductor wouldn't just let their victim free after weeks of holding them captive to suposedly repeated beatings, even shaving their head to wander out on the streets? As for the JW reference, I don't think she was one. Maybe like others have noted, just happened to go to the KH to see if anyone was there to help her?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit