What does it take to become a Circut Overseer?

by frankiespeakin 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

"Reverse Cleansing"

That's my name for it - getting rid of capable, caring men and replacing them with reptiles in human form.

When the Society sets down impossible standards, what's the result?

High turnover, stress, - and rank hypocrisy, as men learn ever deeper forms of pretense - to survive.

metatron

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Danny,

When I started this thread, is was not with the intention of ridiculing CO's. I feel sorry for them, after all they are sacrificing a great deal to be CO's.

As the Tile suggests "What does it take to be a CO?" the emphasis is on what qualities are neccesarry, for a person to be used by the WT in this very important position. They are a key instrument for the WT to excersize its iron like grip on the congregations, without them the WT would soon lose its control, as free thinkers on the bodys of elders, would soon get the upper hand.

This thread can be a slam for CO's, which many may veiw it as, , but it can also be a practical look at what it really takes to be chosen by the GB for this high office, and also what it really takes to stay a CO for many years laboring under the authoritarian GB, which requires nothing but absolute loyalty from CO's in order to retain their position.

I do not wish to imply any hatred towards these poor misguided men and their wives, if anything perhaps sorrow for the huge waste of time and lifes energies devoted to a mind control cult, that uses them in such a key role for a very ignoble purpose.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Frankie: Gotcha. I now realize my remarks were directed to some of the comments on your thread, not to the point of your title. Sorry for contributing to thread shift/creep.

Blondie: My experiences in the Organization are getting a bit dated now, but up until my exit time I didn't see the CO turnover in my state such as you describe, but I don't doubt it. My area had mostly grey-haired CO's, of the high-seniority type.

---Dan

• JT
    JT

SINCE MOST of us are in the WEST, i see many of the comments reflect that.

in the west the CO are the best cared for, but once you leave the west and hit some of these back wood countries it ain't no pinic being a CO-

esp for the poor wives, the CO work is manly for the man, while some women power trip i think the vast majority are just folllowing IN TOW behind their husbands

while the CO in many well to do countries do make out well due to wealthy or generous jw, in the backwoods it is a different thing

then to the attitude of the co today has changed, i feel that there were not too many co in the west who got into the work for the GOODIES

but as i type this post i personally know 6 couples who are gunning for the CO work just for the goodies, new car, the suits, the hookup

2 are currently in the Sub work waiting for a permanment assigment-

they LOVE THE GLORY

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Have some and be glad you don't have the problems that go along with the job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit