BLONDIE'S COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE FEBRUARY 12, 2017 WT STUDY (MINDING THE SPIRIT) #1

by blondie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Good to see one of these reviews again Blondie.

I take the point that a " spiritual" man is not overly concerned with his comforts, but the material nature of the New World hope is evident.

One is to forego planning trips, hobbies, designing homes to achieve a New World and then indulge in planning trips, hobbies and design a home. It is not exactly spirituality.......

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you Blondie for you hard research you do on our behalf. Still Totally ADD

• skin
    skin

The feeling that i got after this wt study was concluded at the meeting today is that when talking to other witnesses, our main subject we are to talk about has to be spiritual. If we talk to much about non WT subjects, then we are not a spiritual person.

Well that leaves me out, the only WT related talk i say is on this web site. And i don't think that counts, if today's WT is to be believed.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for the encouragement all.

skin: I found that few witnesses discuss "spiritual" matters even at the KH. Gossip, good and bad, about people's personal lives, sports (yes), upcoming conventions (where staying, what wearing, who will be there), CO visit and admin activities, not what scriptural info, going out to eat later, movies planned to see or seen, etc.

I remember how irritated jws would get with the one jw that always turned the topic back to the bible, wanted to play bible games, and watch WT videos, etc.

Blondie

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

I did a google search with the quote trying to find out who this "scholar" is. Turns out Blondie's post is third on the results. Pretty cool.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Watchtowers quote: "They set their minds on—are most deeply interested in, constantly talk about, engage and glory in—the things pertaining to the flesh."

Full sentence: "They set their minds on—are most deeply interested in, constantly talk about, engage and glory in—the things pertaining to the flesh, that is, to sinful human nature."

They left out "sinful human nature" That is the flesh. What is so sinful about travel and hobbies?

• blondie
    blondie

Travel---missing meetings, takes up time that could be used to pioneer or at least preach the same amount of time spent in traveling

Hobbies---money spent could be donated to the WTS, should be in fact

Not supporting just reporting

• notalone
    notalone

Thank you for biting the bullet. This is really helpful for those of us who are still able to communicate with those in.It was also very helpful when analyzing some deep attitudes about having a full life. Thank you, so much.

• skin
    skin

The well off witnesses (financially ) in this area regularly travel overseas, but call it a family holiday. Usually we don't know they are traveling again, until their continuous absence from meetings is asked, then we find out they are on a family holiday. That travel is acceptable in the minds of other jws. Its only a Family holiday.

• blondie
    blondie

But not acceptable to the brothers and their families stuck with doing more and more parts on the meetings and taking over the responsibilities of the often vacationing jws. They could give the money to the WTS and vacation in the new system, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit